Offense meets defense when the Houston Cougars (1-1) head to Liberty to take on the Flames (2-1). Action begins at 12 p.m. ET on Saturday, November 18, 2017.
Houston Cougars vs. Liberty Flames ATS Preview
The last time the Cougars played, they were beaten by the Drexel Dragons, 84-80. Rob Gray Jr. put together a solid performance for Houston, leading both teams in scoring with 37 points on 13-for-21 shooting. Drexel did a fantastic job of converting from the charity stripe (27-31; 87.1 percent). Houston, meanwhile, had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (41.7 vs. 22.6).
The Flames are trying to rebound after their 63-48 loss to the Mercer Bears in their last outing. Lovell Cabbil was the top scorer from either team with 15 points on 6-for-12 shooting. Mercer had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (25.9 vs. 9.1). Liberty, on the other hand, had a much better turnover percentage (11.8 vs. 17.2).
Half-court execution will be at a premium when a pair of the nations slowest-paced teams go head-to-head. Liberty ranks 341st in possessions per game (64.2) and Houston is 325th (65.6) since the 2016-17 season. Additionally, the Cougars 42nd-ranked offense (offensive efficiency of 112.9) will go head-to-head against the Flames 51st-ranked defense (defensive efficiency of 97.9).
The Cougars won the sole game against the Flames last season, 77-54. The Cougars played a nearly perfect game. They had an offensive rebounding percentage of 22.2 and a turnover percentage of 10.7. The Flames put up marks of 3.8 and 22.8, respectively, for those same stats.
Houston Cougars at Liberty Flames ATS Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Houston, ATS Winner – Houston, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Flames rank 122nd in steals per game (6.6) while the Cougars rank 232nd (5.3).
- Liberty is 18th in the nation with 10.7 assists allowed per game while Houston is 25th with 11.1 assists allowed per game.
- Houston ranks 159th in rebounds per game (36.0) while Liberty ranks 318th (28.6).
- The Cougars rank 127th in blocks per game (3.5) while the Flames rank 271st (2.0).
- Liberty ranks 32nd in three pointers attempted per game (25.1) while Houston ranks 153rd (21.4).