Expect a high-scoring game when the Houston Baptist Huskies (1-15, 1-6 SthLnd) meet the McNeese State Cowboys (10-9, 5-3 SthLnd) at H&HP Complex. Action begins at 4:30 p.m. ET on Saturday, January 25, 2020.
Houston Baptist Huskies vs. McNeese State Cowboys ATS Odds
In their last contest, the Cowboys beat the Southeastern Louisiana Lions, 77-61, while the Huskies were beaten by the Nicholls Colonels, 91-83.
McNeese State played a nearly perfect game. They had a ridiculous free throw rate of 0.367 (above their season average of 0.241) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.602 (above their season average of 0.591). Southeastern Louisiana was 0.167 and 0.425, respectively, for those same stats. Houston Baptist, on the other hand, had an offensive rebounding percentage of 37.8 (above their season average of 30.4). McNeese State’s Sha’markus Kennedy had a good game, contributing 26 points, five rebounds and five blocks. Meanwhile, Ian DuBose was a key piece for Houston Baptist with 26 points and 12 rebounds.
This was a highly contested series last year. Each won one of the two games played against each other last season. In the most recent contest, the Huskies won 86-65. Houston Baptist had a much better effective field goal percentage (0.655 vs. 0.397). McNeese State, on the other hand, did a fantastic job of converting from the charity stripe (19-21; 90.5 percent). This is the first time these teams will battle this year.
McNeese State could have their way on the offensive side of the ball as their prolific offense goes up against one of the worst defenses in the country. The Cowboys currently rank 19th in offensive efficiency, while Houston Baptist ranks 354th in defensive efficiency.
Houston Baptist at McNeese State ATS Pick
Pick: SU Winner – McNeese State, ATS Winner – McNeese State, O/U – Under
- McNeese State averages 16.1 assists per game, which ranks 24th in the NCAA. Houston Baptist ranks 257th in assists allowed per game (20.5).
- The Cowboys rank 88th in steals per game (7.1) while the Huskies rank 204th in steals allowed per game (8.7).
- Houston Baptist ranks 147th in three pointers attempted per game (22.2) while McNeese State ranks 232nd in three pointers allowed per game (24.5).
- The Cowboys rank 23rd in rebounds allowed per game (31.2) while the Huskies rank 246th (39.2).
- McNeese State ranks 37th in blocks per game (4.6) while Houston Baptist ranks 192nd (1.9).
- The Huskies’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 14.6, down from 19.7 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Cowboys have scored an average of 77.4 points per game (2.9 below their season average) and allowed an average of 65.8 points per game (5.8 below their season average).