Expect a fast-paced game when the Houston Baptist Huskies (3-19, 3-10 SthLnd) travel to Lamar to play the Cardinals (12-13, 6-8 SthLnd). Action gets underway at 3 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 15, 2020.
Houston Baptist Huskies vs. Lamar Cardinals ATS Odds
Both teams lost in their last game. The Cardinals fell to the Nicholls Colonels, 69-65, while the Huskies were defeated by the Abilene Christian Wildcats, 81-67.
Houston Baptist did an excellent job of getting to and converting from the free throw line (24-29; 82.8 percent) while Lamar did an excellent job of getting to and converting from the free throw line (21-25; 84.0 percent). Avery Sullivan played a key role for Lamar with 24 points and eight rebounds. Meanwhile, Ian DuBose had a good outing for Houston Baptist, finishing with 14 points and five rebounds.
In their first matchup this year, Sullivan led the Cardinals to a 102-92 win. He registered a double-double with 18 points and 10 rebounds. Lamar made good use of their 33 trips to the charity stripe, converting on 27 of them (81.8 percent). Houston Baptist, meanwhile, was 15-17 (88.2 percent).
There could be a fair amount of transition action in this contest that showcases two of the country’s more fast-breaking teams. Lamar currently ranks 52nd in possessions per game (72.3) and Houston Baptist is second (78.4). Furthermore, the Huskies rank 313th in turnover percentage (21.6 percent), while the Cardinals rank 18th in opponents’ turnover percentage (24.2 percent).
Houston Baptist Huskies vs. Lamar Cardinals ATS Pick
Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Lamar, ATS Winner – Lamar, O/U – Under
- Lamar averages 9.2 steals per game, which ranks 12th in the nation. Houston Baptist ranks 217th in steals allowed per game (8.9).
- The Cardinals average 13.0 assists per game, which ranks 149th in the NCAA. The Huskies rank 263rd in assists allowed per game (19.6).
- Houston Baptist ranks 172nd in three pointers attempted per game (21.4) while Lamar ranks 268th (17.5).
- The Cardinals rank 23rd in blocks per game (4.8) while the Huskies rank 188th (2.2).
- Houston Baptist averages 36.8 rebounds per game, which ranks 99th in the nation. Lamar ranks 234th in rebounds allowed per game (37.3).
- During their last five games, the Huskies have scored an average of 77.8 points per game (3.2 below their season average) and allowed an average of 82.2 points per game (14.7 below their season average).
- The Cardinals have been outscored by an average of 7.0 points in their last five games. On the season, Lamar has defeated opponents by an average of 1.1 points.