Expect a shootout when the Houston Baptist Huskies (1-4) and the Oklahoma State Cowboys (4-1) clash at Gallagher-Iba Arena. Tip-off is set for 3 p.m. ET on Sunday, November 26, 2017.
Houston Baptist Huskies at Oklahoma State Cowboys Odds Preview
The last time the Huskies played, they lost big to the Virginia Tech Hokies, 99-73. Braxton Bonds had a solid game for Houston Baptist, finishing with 10 points, seven assists and six rebounds. Virginia Tech did a great job of making free throws (19-23; 82.6 percent). Houston Baptist, on the other hand, held the Hokies to an offensive rebounding percentage of 21.1 (below their season average of 31.0).
The Cowboys hope to keep it rolling after beating the Pittsburgh Panthers in their last game, 73-67. Oklahoma State rallied around Jeffrey Carroll, who was the top scorer from either team with 29 points on 10-for-17 shooting. Oklahoma State played a nearly perfect game. They had a ridiculous offensive rebounding percentage of 46.5 (above their season average of 30.6) and a free throw rate of 0.242 (above their season average of 0.186). For those same stats, Pittsburgh was 17.2 and 0.170, respectively.
The high-octane offense of Oklahoma State will face off against the bottom-tier defense of Houston Baptist. Dating back to the 2016-17 season, the Cowboys rank 10th in offensive efficiency, while the Huskies are 285th in defensive efficiency. The Cowboys should have the edge on that side of the ball. Additionally, the Huskies, who rank 14th in offensive rebounding percentage (36.6 percent), will face off against the Cowboys, who rank 252nd in defensive rebounding percentage (69.5 percent).
Houston Baptist Huskies vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys ATS Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Houston Baptist, ATS Winner – Houston Baptist, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Huskies rank 27th in rebounds per game (39.1) while the Cowboys rank 90th (37.4).
- Oklahoma State ranks 171st in blocks per game (3.1) while Houston Baptist ranks 228th (2.6).
- Oklahoma State averages 7.4 steals per game, which ranks 38th in the NCAA. Houston Baptist ranks 234th in steals allowed per game (6.9).
- The Cowboys rank 59th in three pointers allowed per game (19.3) while the Huskies rank 241st (22.7).
- Oklahoma State averages 14.9 assists per game, which ranks 79th in the nation. Houston Baptist ranks 248th in assists allowed per game (14.7).