The Colgate Raiders (16-12, 11-6 Pat) and Holy Cross Crusaders (11-17, 8-9 Pat) will go head-to-head at Cotterell Court to close out the regular season. Tip-off is scheduled for 2 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 24, 2018.
Holy Cross Crusaders vs. Colgate Raiders Odds Preview
The last time the Crusaders played, they defeated the American University Eagles, 70-64. With 14 points and 10 rebounds, Austin Butler played well for Holy Cross. Holy Cross dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had an extraordinary free throw rate of 0.333 (above their season average of 0.190) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 29.2 (above their season average of 19.2). For those same stats, American University was 0.130 and 18.8, respectively.
The Raiders will look to keep it rolling after topping the Army West Point Black Knights in their last contest, 87-83. With 29 points on 9-for-13 shooting, Will Rayman was the top scorer from either team. Colgate played a nearly perfect game. They had a turnover percentage of 10.1 (better than their season average of 14.9) and a free throw rate of 0.295 (above their season average of 0.217). For those same stats, Army West Point was 21.6 and 0.200, respectively.
Half-court execution will be of utmost importance when two of the nations slowest-paced teams face off. Colgate ranks 286th in possessions per game (67.4) and Holy Cross is 346th (64.1).
These teams have already met once this season. The Raiders won 79-74. The Raiders dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a free throw rate of 0.100 and a fantastic offensive rebounding percentage of 40.6. The Crusaders were 0.049 and 24.2, respectively, for those same stats. Jordan Swopshire scored a game-high 22 points.
Holy Cross Crusaders at Colgate Raiders ATS Prediction
Prediction: SU Winner – Colgate, ATS Winner – Colgate, O/U – Under
- The Raiders rank 263rd in rebounds per game (32.5) while the Crusaders rank 298th (28.3).
- Colgate ranks 149th in assists per game (13.5) while Holy Cross ranks 176th in assists allowed per game (14.0).
- Colgate averages 26.3 three pointers per game, which ranks 36th in the NCAA. Holy Cross ranks 203rd in three pointers allowed per game (23.4).
- The Raiders rank 32nd in steals allowed per game (5.2) while the Crusaders rank 105th (6.2).
- Holy Cross is third in the NCAA with 2.0 blocks allowed per game while Colgate is 53rd with 2.8 blocks allowed per game.
- The Raiders average margin of victory in their last five games has been 5.6, up from 2.8 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Crusaders have scored an average of 62.8 points per game (0.9 below their season average) and allowed an average of 65.6 points per game (2.7 below their season average).