The Maryland Terrapins welcome the Holy Cross Crusaders to Xfinity Center to get their seasons going. The game is scheduled to start at 7:30 p.m. ET on Tuesday, November 5, 2019.
Holy Cross Crusaders vs. Maryland Terrapins Betting Odds
After a 22-9 regular season campaign, Maryland went to the tournament as a six seed in the tournament last season. They made it to the Second Round, where they were defeated by the LSU Tigers. Meanwhile, Holy Cross was unable make the tournament following a 13-16 regular season campaign.
Half-court execution will be of utmost importance when two of the nation’s slowest-paced teams battle. Maryland ranked 317th in possessions per game (65.9) and Holy Cross was 336th (65.2) last season. Ball security should be an advantage for the Crusaders. They ranked 36th at avoiding errors (turnover percentage of 16.3 percent). Conversely, the Terrapins forced the first-fewest turnovers in the country (opponents’ turnover percentage of 14.2 percent).
Holy Cross Crusaders vs. Maryland Terrapins Pick
College Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – Maryland, ATS Winner – Maryland, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2018-Present):
- Maryland ranks 21st in rebounds per game (39.3) while Holy Cross ranks 318th (27.8).
- The Terrapins rank 16th in blocks per game (4.8) while the Crusaders rank 90th (3.8).
- Maryland ranks 203rd in three pointers allowed per game (23.2) while Holy Cross ranks 227th (23.7).
- The Crusaders rank 64th in steals per game (7.3) while the Terrapins rank 272nd (4.4).
- Holy Cross ranks 35th in assists per game (15.5) while Maryland ranks 170th (13.1).