The Army West Point Black Knights (14-13, 9-7 Pat) wrap up their home schedule at Christl Arena against the Holy Cross Crusaders (3-26, 2-14 Pat). The game gets underway at 7 p.m. ET on Wednesday, February 26, 2020.
Holy Cross Crusaders at Army West Point Black Knights Betting Odds
In their last matchup, the Black Knights were victorious over the Navy Midshipmen, 86-75, while the Crusaders were blown out by the Colgate Raiders, 90-60.
Army West Point dominated nearly every facet of the contest. They had a phenomenal free throw rate of 0.482 (above their season average of 0.152) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.527 (below their season average of 0.539). Navy had marks of 0.176 and 0.419, respectively, for those same stats. Holy Cross, on the other hand, had a better offensive rebounding percentage (23.3 vs. 29.0). Army West Point was lifted by Tommy Funk, who contributed 32 points, seven rebounds and seven assists. Joe Pridgen was a key piece for Holy Cross with 25 points, nine rebounds and five assists.
The Black Knights have won both contests against the Crusaders this year. Army West Point won 79-67. The Black Knights’ turnover percentage was their largest strength over the Crusaders. Army West Point had a rate of 5.6, while Holy Cross posted a mark of 13.5.
The elite offense of Army West Point (30th in the country with an effective field goal percentage 0.539) will square off against the porous defense of Holy Cross (347th in effective field goal percentage allowed 0.559). The Black Knights figure to have the advantage on that end of the court. Furthermore, the Crusaders rank 268th in offensive rebounding percentage (25.4 percent), while the Black Knights rank 52nd in defensive rebounding percentage (75.2 percent).
Holy Cross Crusaders at Army West Point Black Knights ATS Pick
College Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – Army West Point, ATS Winner – Army West Point, O/U – Over
- Army West Point ranks 11th in assists per game (16.3) while Holy Cross ranks 212th (11.8).
- The Black Knights rank 214th in rebounds per game (34.1) while the Crusaders rank 269th (32.2).
- Army West Point averages 5.7 steals per game, which ranks 173rd in the nation. Holy Cross ranks 175th in steals allowed per game (7.1).
- The Crusaders rank 92nd in three pointers allowed per game (20.3) while the Black Knights rank 274th (25.4).
- Holy Cross ranks 168th in blocks per game (2.7) while Army West Point ranks 237th (1.6).
- The Crusaders’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 15.4, up from 12.6 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Black Knights have scored an average of 73.8 points per game (4.9 above their season average) and allowed an average of 68.4 points per game (0.7 below their season average).