The Hofstra Pride (17-3, 7-0 CAA) and the James Madison Dukes (9-11, 2-5 CAA) face off at JMU Convocation Center. The Pride will try to extend their 14-game winning streak. Action gets underway at 7 p.m. ET on Thursday, January 24, 2019.
Hofstra Pride vs. James Madison Dukes Betting Odds
In their last matchup, the Dukes lost to the Drexel Dragons, 73-68, while the Pride were victorious over the Charleston Cougars, 86-72.
Hofstra dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a free throw rate of 0.280 (below their season average of 0.284) and a turnover percentage of 14.9 (worse than their season average of 13.7). Charleston put up marks of 0.192 and 20.8, respectively, for those same stats. James Madison, meanwhile, had a turnover percentage of 12.0 (better than their season average of 17.6). Stuckey Mosley played well for James Madison with 25 points and seven rebounds. Hofstra was lifted by Eli Pemberton, who put up 26 points and five rebounds.
The Pride dominated this series last year, emerging victorious in both games. In the most recent contest, Hofstra won 77-61. Getting to the charity stripe was one of Hofstra’s largest advantages. They made 29 trips to the line, while James Madison went just 14 times. This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams.
James Madison could have difficulty getting to the charity stripe in this contest. The Dukes rank 123rd in the nation with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.256, while Hofstra ranks 10th in FTA rate allowed (0.165).
Hofstra Pride vs. James Madison Dukes Free Pick
Free Basketball Tip: SU Winner – James Madison, ATS Winner – James Madison, O/U – Under
- Hofstra ranks 20th in rebounds allowed per game (31.1) while James Madison ranks 107th (34.1).
- The Pride rank 27th in steals allowed per game (5.2) while the Dukes rank 84th (6.0).
- Hofstra averages 14.1 assists per game, which ranks 108th in the nation. James Madison ranks 161st in assists allowed per game (13.8).
- The Dukes have outscored opponents by an average of 1.0 point in their last five games. For the season, James Madison has lost by an average of 0.8 points.
- During their last five games, the Pride have scored an average of 83.0 points per game (0.6 above their season average) and allowed an average of 75.4 points per game (6.5 above their season average).