The Hofstra Pride (1-1) will travel to Sojka Pavilion to go head-to-head against the Bucknell Bison (1-1). The game gets underway at 7 p.m. ET on Wednesday, November 13, 2019.
Hofstra Pride at Bucknell Bison Betting Odds
In their last matchup, the Bison lost a close one to the Vermont Catamounts, 66-63, while the Pride won big over the Monmouth Hawks, 94-74.
The Pride had a much better free throw rate (0.491 vs. 0.108) and had a much better effective field goal percentage (0.609 vs. 0.446). Bucknell, meanwhile, had a better effective field goal percentage (0.454 vs. 0.375). Bucknell was lifted by Jimmy Sotos, who contributed 12 points and seven rebounds. Tareq Coburn had a good outing for Hofstra, finishing with 11 points and 12 rebounds.
The elite offense of Bucknell will clash against the mid-tier defense of Hofstra. Dating back to last season, the Bison offense ranks 92nd in effective field goal percentage (0.527), while the Hofstra defense ranks 237th in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.514). The Bison figure to have the edge on that end of the court. Ball protection should be an advantage for the Pride. They rank 3rd at avoiding errors (turnover percentage of 14.1 percent). Conversely, the Bison have forced the 51st-fewest turnovers in the NCAA (opponents’ turnover percentage of 16.8 percent).
Hofstra Pride vs. Bucknell Bison Free Pick
Free Prediction: SU Winner – Bucknell, ATS Winner – Hofstra, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2018-Present):
- Bucknell averages 15.5 assists per game, which ranks 34th in the NCAA. Hofstra ranks 251st in assists allowed per game (14.8).
- The Bison rank 192nd in rebounds per game (34.9) while the Pride rank 255th (33.5).
- Hofstra ranks 40th in blocks allowed per game (2.6) while Bucknell ranks 76th (2.9).
- The Pride rank seventh in steals allowed per game (4.7) while the Bison rank 199th (6.7).
- Bucknell averages 26.6 three pointers per game, which ranks 36th in the nation. Hofstra ranks 162nd in three pointers allowed per game (22.4).