The Delaware Fightin’ Blue Hens (20-8, 10-5 CAA) wrap up their home schedule at Bob Carpenter Center Acierno Arena against the Hofstra Pride (21-7, 12-3 CAA). Action gets underway at 4 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 22, 2020.
Hofstra Pride at Delaware Fightin’ Blue Hens ATS Odds
Both teams were triumphant in their last game. The Fightin’ Blue Hens had no trouble getting past the Northeastern Huskies 70-48, while the Pride defeated the Drexel Dragons 81-74.
The Pride knocked down 21 of their 24 free throws (87.5 percent), while the Dragons had a turnover percentage of 21.1 (above the 17.4 mark opponents have averaged against Hofstra this season). The Fightin’ Blue Hens, meanwhile, knocked down 10 of their 13 free throws (76.9 percent) and held the Huskies to an effective field goal percentage of 0.426 (below their season average of 0.550). Delaware received a boost from Justyn Mutts, who recorded 13 points and eight rebounds. Meanwhile, Desure Buie was a key piece for Hofstra with 26 points and six assists.
In their first matchup this year, Mutts led the Fightin’ Blue Hens to a 73-71 win. He registered a double-double with 30 points and 13 rebounds. Delaware’s effective field goal percentage was its largest advantage over Hofstra. The Fightin’ Blue Hens had a rate of 0.485 while the Pride posted a mark of 0.402.
This matchup figures to be a shootout as two of the NCAA’s premier offenses battle. Delaware ranks 52nd with 108.6 points per 100 possessions and Hofstra is 32nd (110.9). Also, the Pride rank 37th in turnover percentage (16.8 percent), while the Fightin’ Blue Hens rank 296th in opponents’ turnover percentage (17.4 percent).
Hofstra Pride vs. Delaware Fightin’ Blue Hens ATS Pick
Basketball Tip: SU Winner – Delaware, ATS Winner – Delaware, O/U – Over
- Delaware ranks 149th in assists per game (13.1) while Hofstra ranks 224th in assists allowed per game (14.4).
- The Pride average 21.5 three pointers per game, which ranks 162nd in the nation. The Fightin’ Blue Hens rank 195th in three pointers allowed per game (22.9).
- Hofstra and Delaware average 2.5 blocks allowed per game, which ranks 27th in the nation.
- The Pride rank 177th in rebounds per game (34.9) while the Fightin’ Blue Hens rank 232nd (33.5).
- Hofstra ranks 82nd in steals per game (7.1) while Delaware ranks 133rd in steals allowed per game (6.6).
- The Pride’s average margin of victory in their last five games has been 12.2, up from 7.4 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Fightin’ Blue Hens have scored an average of 78.4 points per game (3.5 above their season average) and allowed an average of 72.0 points per game (1.8 above their season average).