Chris Kreider, Mika Zibanejad, and the New York Rangers will face off against Claude Giroux, Jakub Voracek, and the Philadelphia Flyers at the Wells Fargo Center in a divisional matchup. The game will get started at 1 p.m. ET on Friday, November 23, and you’ll be able to catch it live on NBC.
New York Rangers at Philadelphia Flyers Odds
The Flyers (-150) are being chosen as the favorites over the Rangers (+130), and oddsmakers have put the Over/Under (O/U) at an even 6 goals (-115 for the over, -105 for the under).
New York is 12-10 straight up (SU) and has earned 5.3 units for moneyline bettors this year. 13 of its outings have gone under the total, while nine have gone over and none have pushed. As an away team this season, the Broadway Blueshirts are 3-7 SU.
New York has converted on 21.1 percent of its power play chances this year, a figure that’s right around league average. Its penalty kill is ranked 23rd overall, and it has successfully killed off 76.7 percent of all penalties..
Boasting a .919 save percentage and 29.4 saves per game, Henrik Lundqvist (8-9-2) has been the primary option in goal for New York this year. If it decides to rest him, however, head coach David Quinn might roll with Alexandar Georgiev (4-2 record, .911 save percentage, 2.94 goals against average).
Over on the other bench, Philadelphia is 9-12 straight up (SU) and has lost 4.7 units for moneyline bettors this year. Through 21 regular season matches, 14 of its games have gone over the total, while seven have gone under and none have pushed. It’s 4-7 SU as the home team this year.
The Flyers have converted on just 15.9 percent of their power play chances this season, a mark that’s ranked 25th in the NHL. On the other hand, its penalty kill is ranked 31st overall, and it’s successfully killed off 68.5 percent of all penalties.
Brian Elliott (25.0 saves per game) has been the top selection in goal for the Flyers. Elliott has seven wins and seven losses to his credit and has maintained a 2.59 goals against average and a .911 save percentage this year.
New York Rangers at Philadelphia Flyers Betting Predictions
Pick: SU Winner – Flyers, O/U – Under
- The majority (66.7 percent) of Philadelphia’s wins have come by two or more goals, and the team’s 6-8 overall in such games. 5 of New York’s 12 wins (41.7 percent) have been decided by two or more goals.
- The Rangers are 4-1 in games where they serve fewer penalty minutes than their opponent and 8-5 when they serve fewer than 10 total penalty minutes.
- For both of these clubs, the game went under the total in three of their past five matchups.
- New York is ranked 28th this season with 12.3 giveaways per game. That figure has trended upward, as it’s averaged 14.6 giveaways over its last 10 games and 17.2 giveaways over its last five.
- Philadelphia has averaged 11.4 giveaways over its last five home games, a rise over its season average of 8.5 giveaways per game (ranked 11th).
- This game features two of the more aggressive defenses in the league. New York skaters have dished out the seventh-most hits in the league (23.5 per game) and the Flyers have recorded the 10th-most (23.2).