The Winthrop Eagles (20-10, 14-3 BigSou) welcome the High Point Panthers (9-21, 6-11 BigSou) to Winthrop Coliseum as the regular season finishes up. Action starts at 1 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 29, 2020.
High Point Panthers vs. Winthrop Eagles ATS Odds
In their last game, the Eagles were victorious over the USC Upstate Spartans, 90-82, while the Panthers fell to the UNC Asheville Bulldogs, 80-76.
Winthrop dominated nearly every stat category in the contest. They had a fantastic offensive rebounding percentage of 37.8 (above their season average of 35.3) and a free throw rate of 0.323 (above their season average of 0.221). For those same stats, USC Upstate was 17.1 and 0.167, respectively. High Point, on the other hand, did a terrific job of getting and making free throws (20-27; 74.1 percent). Winthrop rallied around Josh Ferguson, who recorded 22 points and eight rebounds. John-Michael Wright was a key piece for High Point with 22 points and 11 rebounds.
In their first matchup this year, Micheal Anumba led the Eagles to a 79-57 win. He recorded 11 points and six rebounds. Winthrop’s 0.591 effective field goal percentage was its largest strength over High Point, who had a rate of 0.422.
The prolific offense of Winthrop (31st in the country with an offensive efficiency of 110.9) will square off against the bottom-tier defense of High Point (341st in the nation with a defensive efficiency of 110.9). The Eagles should have the advantage on that side of the ball. Additionally, the Panthers, who rank 17th in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.289), will clash against the Eagles, who rank 310th in opponents’ FTA rate (0.280).
High Point Panthers vs. Winthrop Eagles Free Pick
Free College Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Winthrop, ATS Winner – Winthrop, O/U – Under
- Winthrop averages 27.1 three pointers per game, which ranks 23rd in the nation. High Point ranks 274th in three pointers allowed per game (25.4).
- The Eagles average 6.7 steals per game, which ranks 106th in the nation. The Panthers rank 174th in steals allowed per game (6.9).
- High Point ranks 91st in blocks per game (3.5) while Winthrop ranks 116th in blocks allowed per game (3.4).
- The Eagles rank 16th in assists per game (16.0) while the Panthers rank 260th in assists allowed per game (15.5).
- Winthrop ranks 10th in rebounds per game (40.7) while High Point ranks 187th (34.4).
- The Panthers have outscored opponents by an average of 2.0 points in their last five games. For the season, High Point has lost by an average of 8.6 points.
- During their last five games, the Eagles have scored an average of 81.4 points per game (0.7 above their season average) and allowed an average of 82.4 points per game (10.7 above their season average).