The 13th-ranked Ohio State Buckeyes (11-1) and the High Point Panthers (6-6) face off at Value City Arena. The Buckeyes will attempt to lengthen their six-game winning streak. The game begins at 12 p.m. ET on Saturday, December 29, 2018.
High Point Panthers vs. Ohio State Buckeyes Betting Odds
In their last game, the Buckeyes beat the Cincinnati Bearcats, 64-56, while the Panthers were beaten by the William & Mary Tribe, 79-69.
The Buckeyes had a much better effective field goal percentage (0.511 vs. 0.323) and had a better free throw rate (0.340 vs. 0.258). High Point, on the other hand, had a better turnover percentage (16.0 vs. 18.7). Kaleb Wesson was a key piece for Ohio State with 15 points and seven rebounds. Meanwhile, High Point received a boost from Brandonn Kamga, who contributed 24 points, six rebounds and five steals.
Ohio State could have their way on the offensive side of the ball as their high-octane offense goes up against one of the worst defenses in the NCAA. The Buckeyes rank 55th in offensive efficiency, while High Point ranks 277th in defensive efficiency.
High Point Panthers vs. Ohio State Buckeyes Free Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – Ohio State, O/U – Under
- Ohio State ranks 43rd in assists per game (16.0) while High Point ranks 169th (12.3).
- The Buckeyes allow the 12th-fewest steals per game (4.7) while the Panthers rank 22nd (5.0).
- High Point allows the 39th-fewest rebounds per game (31.7) while Ohio State ranks 47th (32.0).
- The Buckeyes rank 46th in blocks allowed per game (2.8) while the Panthers rank 126th (4.3).
- Ohio State ranks 200th in three pointers attempted per game (20.0) while High Point ranks 250th (17.1).
- The Panthers’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 3.2, up from 1.7 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Buckeyes have scored an average of 79.4 points per game (1.7 above their season average) and allowed an average of 57.6 points per game (4.2 below their season average).