The High Point Panthers (7-7) will be at Buccaneer Fieldhouse to go head-to-head with the Charleston Southern Buccaneers (6-7) in a BigSou matchup. The game gets underway at 5:30 p.m. ET on Saturday, January 5, 2019.
High Point Panthers vs. Charleston Southern Buccaneers ATS Odds
In their last outing, the Buccaneers easily got past the Columbia International Rams, 100-68, while the Panthers were beaten by the William & Mary Tribe, 79-69.
Charleston Southern played a perfect contest. They had a turnover percentage of 12.0 and a free throw rate of 0.125. Columbia International put up marks of 30.8 and 0.063, respectively, for those same stats. High Point, meanwhile, had a better turnover percentage (16.0 vs. 18.7). Charleston Southern rallied around Travis McConico, who recorded 17 points and six rebounds. Meanwhile, Brandonn Kamga played a pivotal role for High Point with 24 points, six rebounds and five steals.
This series was highly competitive last year, as the teams split their two games last season. The Buccaneers won the most recent matchup 83-74. The Buccaneers’ turnover percentage was their largest strength over the Panthers. Charleston Southern had a rate of 13.8, while High Point posted a mark of 21.0. This will be the first contest of the year between these two teams.
It could be a mistake-prone game for the Charleston Southern offense. Charleston Southern ranks 218th in the nation in ball protection (turnover percentage of 20.2 percent), while the ball-hawking defense of High Point forces the 100th-most turnovers in the NCAA (19.1 percent).
High Point Panthers vs. Charleston Southern Buccaneers Odds Pick
Pick: SU Winner – Charleston Southern, O/U – Under
- Charleston Southern ranks 134th in three pointers attempted per game (28.2) while High Point ranks 265th (17.4).
- The Buccaneers rank 41st in steals per game (9.9) while the Panthers rank 72nd (7.1).
- The Panthers rank 47th in rebounds allowed per game (31.4) while the Buccaneers rank 99th (37.2).
- Charleston Southern averages 2.9 blocks per game, which ranks 101st in the country. High Point ranks 138th in blocks allowed per game (4.0).
- The Panthers have been outscored by an average of 3.2 points in their last five games. For the season, High Point has defeated opponents by an average of 0.2 points.
- During their last five games, the Buccaneers have scored an average of 81.2 points per game (4.1 above their season average) and allowed an average of 68.2 points per game (1.7 below their season average).