The Longwood Lancers (12-17, 7-9 BigSou) close out their home schedule at Willett Hall against the High Point Panthers (9-19, 6-9 BigSou). Action starts at 7 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 22, 2020.
High Point Panthers vs. Longwood Lancers Betting Odds
Both teams were victorious over their last opponent. The Lancers defeated the USC Upstate Spartans 68-58, while the Panthers beat the Presbyterian Blue Hose 82-70.
High Point played a nearly perfect game. They had a fantastic free throw rate of 0.523 (above their season average of 0.282) and a turnover percentage of 15.8 (better than their season average of 18.6). Presbyterian was 0.260 and 20.4, respectively, for those same stats. Meanwhile, Longwood played a nearly flawless game. They had a solid free throw rate of 0.259 (above their season average of 0.240) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 25.0 (above their season average of 24.1). For those same stats, USC Upstate recorded marks of 0.175 and 17.8, respectively. Shabooty Phillips played well for Longwood with 13 points and 10 rebounds. Eric Coleman Jr. played well for High Point, contributing 30 points.
In their first matchup this season, Juan Munoz led the Lancers to a 72-62 win. He was the game’s top overall scorer with 27 points. Longwood did a fantastic job of getting to and converting from the charity stripe (23-27; 85.2 percent). High Point, on the other hand, had a better turnover percentage (20.0 vs. 22.0).
This has potential to be a mistake-prone game for the offense of High Point. High Point ranks 315th in the nation in ball protection (turnover percentage of 21.6 percent), while the gambling defense of Longwood forces the 89th-most turnovers in the country (20.9 percent).
High Point Panthers vs. Longwood Lancers Betting Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – Longwood, ATS Winner – Longwood, O/U – Over
- Longwood ranks 32nd in three pointers attempted per game (26.6) while High Point ranks 266th in three pointers allowed per game (25.5).
- The Panthers rank 85th in blocks per game (3.5) while the Lancers rank 118th in blocks allowed per game (3.4).
- The Lancers rank 88th in steals per game (7.0) while the Panthers rank 170th in steals allowed per game (7.0).
- High Point ranks 181st in assists per game (12.5) while Longwood ranks 246th (11.0).
- The Lancers have outscored opponents by an average of 3.0 points in their last five games. For the season, Longwood has been defeated by an average of 1.0 point.
- During their last five games, the Panthers have scored an average of 66.4 points per game (2.8 above their season average) and allowed an average of 71.4 points per game (1.2 below their season average).