The Hawaii Rainbow Warriors (10-5, 1-0 BigWst) will be at the Bren Events Center to take on the UC Irvine Anteaters (8-8) in a BigWst matchup. Action starts at 10 p.m. ET on Saturday, January 11, 2020.
Hawaii Rainbow Warriors vs. UC Irvine Anteaters Betting Odds
In their last contest, the Anteaters fell to the Harvard Crimson, 77-73, while the Rainbow Warriors beat the Cal State Fullerton Titans, 75-69.
Hawaii played a nearly flawless game. They had a solid offensive rebounding percentage of 30.6 (above their season average of 28.6) and a turnover percentage of 14.8 (better than their season average of 18.2). For those same stats, Cal State Fullerton was 20.6 and 16.0, respectively. UC Irvine, meanwhile, had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (36.1 vs. 26.7). Collin Welp had a solid outing for UC Irvine with 17 points and 10 rebounds. Bernardo da Silva led the way for Hawaii, putting up 10 points and 10 rebounds.
The Anteaters dominated this series last year, taking both contests. In the last matchup, UC Irvine won 67-56. UC Irvine had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (37.5 vs. 22.2). Hawaii, on the other hand, had a much better free throw rate (0.216 vs. 0.050). This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams.
The offensive glass should be a solid edge for UC Irvine in this battle. The Anteaters currently rank 29th in offensive rebounding percentage (35.0 percent), while Hawaii ranks 140th in defensive rebounding percentage (72.8 percent).
Hawaii Rainbow Warriors vs. UC Irvine Anteaters Pick
Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Hawaii, ATS Winner – Hawaii, O/U – Over
- UC Irvine ranks 24th in rebounds per game (40.6) while Hawaii ranks 210th (33.9).
- The Anteaters average 6.8 steals per game, which ranks 112th in the nation. The Rainbow Warriors rank 140th in steals allowed per game (7.1).
- UC Irvine ranks 41st in blocks allowed per game (2.7) while Hawaii ranks 62nd (2.9).
- The Rainbow Warriors rank ninth in three pointers allowed per game (16.1) while the Anteaters rank 152nd (22.4).
- Hawaii ranks 26th in assists allowed per game (10.0) while UC Irvine ranks 63rd (11.4).
- The Anteaters have scored an equal number of points as their opponents. For the season, UC Irvine has defeated opponents by an average of 7.5 points.
- During their last five games, the Rainbow Warriors have scored an average of 69.4 points per game (2.3 below their season average) and allowed an average of 65.0 points per game (2.7 below their season average).