The Hawaii Rainbow Warriors (14-10, 5-5 BigWst) will be at the Student Recreation Center to take on the UC Riverside Highlanders (14-13, 4-7 BigWst) in a BigWst matchup. Action gets underway at 11 p.m. ET on Thursday, February 20, 2020, and can be seen on ESPNU.
Hawaii Rainbow Warriors vs. UC Riverside Highlanders Betting Odds
Both teams fell in their last outing. The Highlanders lost a close one to the Long Beach State Beach, 65-63, while the Rainbow Warriors lost to the UC Irvine Anteaters, 70-63.
Hawaii had a better turnover percentage (14.3 vs. 19.1) while UC Riverside had an offensive rebounding percentage of 33.3 (above their season average of 28.1). UC Riverside’s Arinze Chidom had a solid performance, contributing 14 points and 11 rebounds. Hawaii rallied around Drew Buggs, who put up 17 points and seven assists.
This was a highly contested series last year, as the teams split their two games last season. In the most recent matchup, the Rainbow Warriors won 87-64. The Rainbow Warriors’ offensive rebounding percentage was their biggest advantage over the Highlanders. Hawaii had a rate of 33.3, while UC Riverside posted a mark of 16.1. This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams.
The offense of Hawaii will battle against the elite defense of UC Riverside. The Rainbow Warriors rank 194th in offensive efficiency, while the Highlanders are 76th in defensive efficiency. The Highlanders figure to have the edge on that end of the court.
Hawaii vs. UC Riverside ATS Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – UC Riverside, ATS Winner – UC Riverside, O/U – Over
- UC Riverside ranks ninth in rebounds allowed per game (29.9) while Hawaii ranks 64th (32.8).
- The Rainbow Warriors are sixth in the nation with 9.3 assists allowed per game while the Highlanders are 45th with 10.8 assists allowed per game.
- Hawaii ranks third in three pointers allowed per game (15.0) while UC Riverside ranks 21st (17.7).
- During their last five games, the Rainbow Warriors have scored an average of 66.6 points per game (3.4 below their season average) and allowed an average of 70.0 points per game (1.8 above their season average).
- The Highlanders have been outscored by an average of 2.6 points in their last five games. For the season, UC Riverside has defeated opponents by an average of 3.8 points.