The Columbia Lions (6-20, 1-9 Ivy) and the Harvard Crimson (18-7, 7-3 Ivy) square off at Francis S. Levien Gymnasium. The Lions will try to snap their six-game losing streak. The game starts at 7 p.m. ET on Friday, February 28, 2020, and will air on ESPNews.
Harvard Crimson at Columbia Lions Betting Odds
In their last game, the Lions got blown out by the Yale Bulldogs, 83-65, while the Crimson defeated the Penn Quakers, 69-65.
Harvard dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a free throw rate of 0.183 (matching their season average) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 41.7 (above their season average of 30.0). Penn recorded marks of 0.054 and 20.0, respectively, for those same stats. Columbia, meanwhile, did a great job of converting from the charity stripe (14-19; 73.7 percent). Mike Smith played a key role for Columbia with 37 points. Meanwhile, Noah Kirkwood played well for Harvard, recording 19 points.
In their first matchup this year, Chris Lewis led the Crimson to a 77-73 win. He recorded a double-double with 16 points and 11 rebounds. Harvard’s rebounding was their biggest advantage. The Crimson had more offensive rebounds (18 vs. 9), defensive rebounds (41 vs. 36) and total rebounds (59 vs. 45).
Second-chance opportunities might be hard to find for Columbia in this matchup. The Lions currently rank 344th in offensive rebounding percentage (20.7 percent), while Harvard ranks 55th in defensive rebounding percentage (75.3 percent).
Harvard Crimson vs. Columbia Lions ATS Pick
Basketball Tip: SU Winner – Harvard, ATS Winner – Harvard, O/U – Over
- Harvard ranks 54th in rebounds per game (38.3) while Columbia ranks 250th in rebounds allowed per game (38.2).
- The Crimson average 22.1 three pointers per game, which ranks 140th in the country. The Lions rank 195th in three pointers allowed per game (22.7).
- The Crimson average 5.4 blocks per game, which ranks 11th in the NCAA. The Lions rank 164th in blocks allowed per game (4.1).
- Harvard ranks 37th in assists allowed per game (10.7) while Columbia ranks 149th (12.8).
- The Crimson’s average margin of victory in their last five games has been 6.0, down from 6.6 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Lions have scored an average of 68.2 points per game (3.8 above their season average) and allowed an average of 75.6 points per game (6.6 above their season average).