The Hartford Hawks (8-8, 1-0 AmEast) will be at the Tsongas Center to meet the UMass Lowell River Hawks (7-9, 1-0 AmEast) in an AmEast matchup. The game begins at 7 p.m. ET on Wednesday, January 8, 2020.
Hartford Hawks at UMass Lowell River Hawks Betting Odds
Both teams were victorious over their last opponent. The River Hawks defeated the UMBC Retrievers 86-73, while the Hawks beat the New Hampshire Wildcats 61-52.
The Hawks had a great free throw rate of 0.275 (above their season average of 0.219) and held the Wildcats to an effective field goal percentage of 0.333 (below their season average of 0.512). UMass Lowell, on the other hand, dominated nearly every stat category in their game. They had a phenomenal free throw rate of 0.403 (above their season average of 0.232) and a turnover percentage of 15.5 (better than their season average of 16.3). UMBC was 0.132 and 18.6, respectively, for those same stats. UMass Lowell was lifted by Ron Mitchell, who contributed 13 points, 10 rebounds and five assists. Moses Flowers was a key piece for Hartford with 28 points and five rebounds.
The Hawks captured this series last year, winning two out of three contests. In the most recent contest, Hartford won 78-70. The Hawks’ offensive rebounding percentage was their largest strength over the River Hawks. Hartford had a rate of 38.2, while UMass Lowell posted a mark of 30.0. This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams.
Hartford could have difficulty getting to the foul line in this meeting. The Hawks rank 167th in the nation with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.222, while UMass Lowell ranks 10th in FTA rate allowed (0.146).
Hartford Hawks vs. UMass Lowell River Hawks Free Pick
Free Pick: SU Winner – UMass Lowell, ATS Winner – UMass Lowell, O/U – Over
- UMass Lowell ranks 122nd in rebounds per game (36.9) while Hartford ranks 256th in rebounds allowed per game (39.5).
- The Hawks rank 104th in three pointers attempted per game (23.4) while the River Hawks rank 160th in three pointers allowed per game (22.6).
- UMass Lowell ranks 101st in steals per game (6.9) while Hartford ranks 142nd in steals allowed per game (7.0).
- The Hawks rank 12th in blocks allowed per game (2.2) while the River Hawks rank 132nd (3.9).
- UMass Lowell ranks 64th in assists per game (14.8) while Hartford ranks 159th in assists allowed per game (13.6).
- During their last five games, the River Hawks have scored an average of 72.2 points per game (2.5 below their season average) and allowed an average of 78.4 points per game (5.2 above their season average).
- The Hawks have outscored opponents by an average of 1.8 points in their last five games. On the season, Hartford has lost by an average of 2.3 points.