The Hartford Hawks (17-11, 10-4 AmEast) will travel to Events Center to challenge the Binghamton Bearcats (11-18, 2-12 AmEast) in their home finale. Action starts at 4 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 24, 2018, and it can be seen on ESPN 3.
Hartford Hawks at Binghamton Bearcats Odds Preview
The last time the Hawks played, they defeated the New Hampshire Wildcats, 65-56. With 12 points and seven rebounds, Hartford’s Jason Dunne played well. The Hawks had an extraordinary free throw rate of 0.378 (above their season average of 0.201) and held the Wildcats to an effective field goal percentage of 0.387 (below their season average of 0.476).
The Bearcats are trying to rebound after their 75-54 loss to the Vermont Catamounts in their last contest. Fard Muhammad was Binghamton’s leading scorer with 12 points on 4-for-11 shooting. Vermont’s 0.164 free throw rate was their biggest strength over Binghamton, who had a rate of 0.069. The Catamounts mark was below their season average of 0.304, while the Bearcats was below their season average of 0.203.
Half-court execution will be of utmost importance when two of the NCAA’s slowest-paced teams battle. Binghamton ranks 260th in possessions per game (68.0) and Hartford is 288th (67.3).
These teams have already met once this season. The Hawks won 97-65. The Hawks played a nearly perfect game. They had a turnover percentage of 10.1 and a fantastic effective field goal percentage of 0.772. The Bearcats were 20.9 and 0.551, respectively, for those same stats. In the victory, Travis Weatherington led all scorers with 34 points.
Hartford Hawks vs. Binghamton Bearcats Free Prediction
Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Hartford, ATS Winner – Hartford, O/U – Over
- The Bearcats average 21.7 three pointers per game, which ranks 164th in the nation. The Hawks rank 183rd in three pointers allowed per game (22.9).
- Hartford ranks 160th in assists per game (13.3) while Binghamton ranks 226th (12.0).
- The Bearcats rank 185th in rebounds per game (34.5) while the Hawks rank 236th (33.5).
- Binghamton ranks 33rd in blocks allowed per game (2.6) while Hartford ranks 79th (3.1).
- The Bearcats average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 5.2, up from 0.2 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Hawks have scored an average of 67.4 points per game (4.1 below their season average) and allowed an average of 64.0 points per game (6.6 below their season average).