The Hartford Hawks (8-8, 1-0 AmEast) will be at Roy L Patrick Gymnasium to challenge the Vermont Catamounts (12-4, 2-0 AmEast) in an AmEast matchup. Action starts at 7 p.m. ET on Saturday, January 12, 2019.
Hartford Hawks at Vermont Catamounts ATS Odds
Both teams were victorious in their last game. The Catamounts easily got past the Maine Black Bears 73-49, while the Hawks won a close one over the UMBC Retrievers 66-64.
Hartford’s effective field goal percentage was their largest advantage over UMBC. The Hawks had a rate of 0.509 (below their season average of 0.519), while the Retrievers posted a mark of 0.464 (below the 0.525 mark opponents have averaged against Hartford this season). The Catamounts, meanwhile, made 20 of their 24 free throws (83.3 percent) and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.602 (above their season average of 0.522). Robin Duncan had a solid outing for Vermont with 11 points, five rebounds and five assists. Meanwhile, Hartford was led by John Carroll, who put up 13 points and 14 rebounds.
This series was highly competitive last year. Each won one of the two games played against each other last season. The Hawks won the last game 69-68. Hartford had a much better turnover percentage (9.3 vs. 14.9). Vermont, meanwhile, did an excellent job of converting from the charity stripe (18-21; 85.7 percent). This is the first time these teams will clash this year.
The high-octane offense of Vermont (68th in the nation with an offensive efficiency of 111.7) will clash against the mid-tier defense of Hartford (262nd in the nation with a defensive efficiency of 105.6). The Catamounts should have the edge on that end of the court.
Hartford Hawks vs. Vermont Catamounts Odds Pick
Pick: SU Winner – Vermont, O/U – Under
- Vermont ranks 46th in assists allowed per game (11.3) while Hartford ranks 150th (13.8).
- The Catamounts rank 180th in rebounds per game (34.7) while the Hawks rank 243rd (31.0).
- Vermont ranks 109th in three pointers attempted per game (23.6) while Hartford ranks 151st in three pointers allowed per game (23.1).
- The Catamounts rank 24th in steals allowed per game (5.1) while the Hawks rank 109th (6.6).
- Vermont ranks 43rd in blocks allowed per game (2.7) while Hartford ranks 116th (3.9).
- During their last five games, the Catamounts have scored an average of 75.0 points per game (1.1 below their season average) and allowed an average of 65.2 points per game (2.4 below their season average).
- The Hawks have outscored opponents by an average of 1.6 points in their last five games. For the season, Hartford has lost by an average of 0.7 points.