The Stony Brook Seawolves (18-10, 9-4 AmEast) wrap up their home schedule at Island Federal Credit Union Arena against the Hartford Hawks (15-14, 8-6 AmEast). The game starts at 7 p.m. ET on Wednesday, February 26, 2020.
Hartford Hawks vs. Stony Brook Seawolves ATS Odds
Both teams were victorious in their last game. The Seawolves beat the Maine Black Bears 54-46, while the Hawks barely escaped the Binghamton Bearcats 75-74.
The Hawks, who came into the game averaging an offensive rebounding percentage of 21.7, had an absurd mark of 46.2 and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.508 (above their season average of 0.480). The Seawolves, on the other hand, knocked down 16 of their 20 free throws (80.0 percent), while the Black Bears had a turnover percentage of 21.3 (above the 16.6 mark opponents have averaged against Stony Brook this season). Mouhamadou Gueye played a pivotal role for Stony Brook with 14 points and eight rebounds. Hartford, meanwhile, rallied around Hunter Marks, who contributed 11 points and 14 rebounds.
In their first matchup this year, Marks led the Hawks to a 68-65 win. He put up 14 points and seven rebounds. Hartford’s effective field goal percentage was its biggest strength over Stony Brook. The Hawks had a rate of 0.465 while the Seawolves posted a mark of 0.422.
Looking at effective field goal percentage, Stony Brook figures to have a significant advantage. The Seawolves defense ranks 30th in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.455), while the Hartford offense is ranked 267th in effective field goal percentage (0.482).
Hartford Hawks at Stony Brook Seawolves ATS Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – Stony Brook, ATS Winner – Stony Brook, O/U – Over
- Stony Brook ranks 31st in rebounds per game (39.3) while Hartford ranks 266th in rebounds allowed per game (39.0).
- The Hawks rank 165th in assists per game (12.7) while the Seawolves rank 233rd (11.3).
- Stony Brook averages 6.8 steals per game, which ranks 102nd in the nation. Hartford ranks 128th in steals allowed per game (6.5).
- The Seawolves rank 29th in blocks per game (4.6) while the Hawks rank 189th (2.4).
- Stony Brook averages 25.2 three pointers per game, which ranks 51st in the country. Hartford ranks 202nd in three pointers allowed per game (22.8).
- During their last five games, the Seawolves have scored an average of 64.8 points per game (5.8 below their season average) and allowed an average of 66.0 points per game (0.1 above their season average).
- The Hawks’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 1.0, up from 0.9 for the season.