The Hartford Hawks (14-13, 7-5 AmEast) will be at Lundholm Gym to square off against the New Hampshire Wildcats (11-13, 4-7 AmEast) in an AmEast matchup. Action starts at 7 p.m. ET on Thursday, February 20, 2020.
Hartford Hawks vs. New Hampshire Wildcats ATS Odds
Both teams lost in their last matchup. The Wildcats fell to the UMBC Retrievers, 65-59, while the Hawks were defeated by the UMass Lowell River Hawks, 74-67.
Hartford had an effective field goal percentage of 0.600 (above their season average of 0.479) while New Hampshire had a turnover percentage of 8.1 (better than their season average of 17.0). Marque Maultsby played well for New Hampshire with 15 points and six rebounds. Hartford was led by Malik Ellison, who had 23 points and seven rebounds.
In their first matchup this year, Moses Flowers led the Hawks to a 61-52 victory. He scored a game-high 28 points. Hartford had a much better free throw rate (0.275 vs. 0.087). New Hampshire, on the other hand, had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (33.3 vs. 20.0).
New Hampshire could dominate on defense as they clash against one of the country’s worst offenses. The Wildcats currently rank 52nd in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.460), while Hartford is 254th in effective field goal percentage (0.483). Furthermore, the Hawks, who rank 331st in offensive rebounding percentage (22.0 percent), might struggle to get second chance points against the Wildcats, who rank sixth in defensive rebounding percentage (78.8 percent).
Hartford Hawks at New Hampshire Wildcats ATS Pick
College Basketball Pick: SU Winner – New Hampshire, ATS Winner – New Hampshire, O/U – Under
- New Hampshire averages 41.8 rebounds per game, which ranks fourth in the nation. Hartford ranks 272nd in rebounds allowed per game (38.7).
- The Hawks rank 64th in steals per game (7.5) while the Wildcats rank 115th in steals allowed per game (6.4).
- The Wildcats rank ninth in assists allowed per game (9.6) while the Hawks rank 180th (13.4).
- New Hampshire ranks 49th in three pointers attempted per game (25.4) while Hartford ranks 172nd in three pointers allowed per game (22.3).
- The Wildcats have been outscored by an average of 5.6 points in their last five games. For the season, New Hampshire has defeated opponents by an average of 2.3 points.
- During their last five games, the Hawks have scored an average of 63.0 points per game (2.9 below their season average) and allowed an average of 64.4 points per game (2.4 below their season average).