The Hampton Pirates (11-14, 6-6 BigSou) will be at Willett Hall to challenge the Longwood Lancers (10-17, 5-9 BigSou) in a BigSou matchup. The game is scheduled to start at 6 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 15, 2020.
Hampton Pirates vs. Longwood Lancers ATS Odds
Both teams lost in their last outing. The Lancers lost a winnable game to the UNC Asheville Bulldogs, 73-71, while the Pirates got blown out by the Campbell Fighting Camels, 75-49.
Hampton had a better free throw rate (0.211 vs. 0.161) while Longwood had an offensive rebounding percentage of 38.9 (above their season average of 23.7). Longwood received a boost from Christian Wilson, who had 17 points. Meanwhile, Jermaine Marrow led the way for Hampton, recording 22 points and five rebounds.
In their first matchup this year, Marrow led the Pirates to an 83-80 win. He was the game’s top overall scorer with 30 points. Hampton’s 0.560 effective field goal percentage was its largest advantage over Longwood, who had a rate of 0.453.
It could be a difficult game for Hampton on the offensive glass. The Pirates rank 154th in offensive rebounding percentage (29.3 percent), while Longwood ranks 43rd in defensive rebounding percentage (75.7 percent).
Hampton Pirates at Longwood Lancers Free Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – Longwood, ATS Winner – Hampton, O/U – Over
- Longwood ranks 34th in three pointers attempted per game (26.5) while Hampton ranks 269th (17.4).
- The Pirates rank 101st in rebounds per game (36.8) while the Lancers rank 181st in rebounds allowed per game (35.8).
- Longwood averages 7.2 steals per game, which ranks 72nd in the nation. Hampton ranks 80th in steals allowed per game (6.0).
- The Pirates rank 58th in assists per game (14.6) while the Lancers rank 235th (10.9).
- Hampton ranks 45th in blocks per game (4.3) while Longwood ranks 201st (2.1).
- The Lancers have outscored opponents by an average of 1.6 points in their last five games. For the season, Longwood has lost by an average of 1.7 points.
- During their last five games, the Pirates have scored an average of 74.6 points per game (0.1 above their season average) and allowed an average of 79.8 points per game (2.9 above their season average).