The Howard Bison (2-15, 0-2 MEAC), who are currently on a five-game losing streak, will try to get back in the win column when they welcome the Hampton Pirates (5-11, 0-1 MEAC) to Burr Arena. Tip-off is scheduled for 7:30 p.m. ET on Monday, January 8, 2018.
Hampton Pirates vs. Howard Bison ATS Preview
The Pirates fell to the Maryland Eastern Shore Hawks in their last outing, 92-83. Hampton’s Malique Trent had a good performance, contributing 15 points, 10 assists and five rebounds. Maryland Eastern Shore had a free throw rate of 0.328 (above their season average of 0.182). Hampton, meanwhile, had a turnover percentage of 10.2 (better than their season average of 15.9).
In the Bison’s last game, they were topped by the Bethune-Cookman Wildcats, 92-87. With 30 points and eight rebounds, Charles Williams played well for Howard. Bethune-Cookman had an offensive rebounding percentage of 42.6 (above their season average of 33.6). Howard, on the other hand, had a free throw rate of 0.269 (above their season average of 0.214).
This is the first time these teams will clash this year. The Pirates won the only game played against each other last season, 75-61. The Pirates played a perfect game. They had a ridiculous offensive rebounding percentage of 43.6 and a solid free throw rate of 0.286. For those same stats, the Bison were 31.7 and 0.210, respectively.
Hampton Pirates vs. Howard Bison Odds Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Howard, ATS Winner – Howard, O/U – Over
- The Pirates rank 63rd in blocks per game (4.3) while the Bison rank 98th in blocks allowed per game (3.5).
- Hampton averages 40.3 rebounds per game, which ranks 28th in the nation. Howard ranks 263rd in rebounds allowed per game (41.1).
- The Bison rank 105th in three pointers attempted per game (23.2) while the Pirates rank 245th (17.1).
- Hampton ranks 111th in assists per game (14.4) while Howard ranks 227th in assists allowed per game (16.4).
- The Bison’s average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 10.6, down from 10.9 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Pirates have scored an average of 73.0 points per game (3.2 below their season average) and allowed an average of 77.4 points per game (0.4 above their season average).