The Hampton Pirates (11-13, 6-5 BigSou) will be at the John W. Pope Jr. Convocation Center to clash with the Campbell Fighting Camels (12-13, 3-10 BigSou) in a BigSou matchup. Action starts at 7 p.m. ET on Thursday, February 13, 2020.
Hampton Pirates at Campbell Fighting Camels ATS Odds
In their last contest, the Fighting Camels lost a winnable game to the Longwood Lancers, 57-56, while the Pirates were victorious over the UNC Asheville Bulldogs, 80-70.
Hampton dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a ridiculous offensive rebounding percentage of 33.3 (above their season average of 29.3) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.508 (below their season average of 0.512). UNC Asheville had marks of 13.9 and 0.491, respectively, for those same stats. Campbell, meanwhile, had a free throw rate of 0.214 (above their season average of 0.195). Campbell’s Joshua Lusane led the way, putting up six points and 13 rebounds. Meanwhile, Ben Stanley played a key role for Hampton with 25 points and nine rebounds.
In their first matchup this season, Jermaine Marrow led the Pirates to an 83-74 win. He was the game’s top overall scorer with 37 points. One of Hampton’s biggest advantages was getting to the charity stripe. They had 35 free throw attempts, while Campbell had just 14.
The upper-echelon offense of Campbell will go head-to-head against the mid-tier defense of Hampton. The Fighting Camels currently rank 64th in effective field goal percentage (0.527), while the Pirates are 264th in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.509). The Fighting Camels figure to have the advantage on that side of the ball. Conflicting paces will be on display in this showdown. The up-and-down Pirates rank 38th in possessions per game, while the slower-paced Fighting Camels rank 288th.
Hampton vs. Campbell Odds Pick
Free Pick: SU Winner – Campbell, ATS Winner – Campbell, O/U – Under
- Hampton ranks 93rd in rebounds per game (37.0) while Campbell ranks 289th (30.3).
- The Pirates rank 41st in blocks per game (4.4) while the Fighting Camels rank 157th (2.7).
- Campbell averages 7.7 steals per game, which ranks 52nd in the country. Hampton ranks 85th in steals allowed per game (6.1).
- The Fighting Camels rank 33rd in assists allowed per game (10.6) while the Pirates rank 229th (14.8).
- Campbell ranks 33rd in three pointers allowed per game (18.5) while Hampton ranks 189th (22.7).
- During their last five games, the Fighting Camels have scored an average of 63.8 points per game (2.4 below their season average) and allowed an average of 66.8 points per game (2.3 above their season average).
- The Pirates’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 0.8, down from 1.5 for the season.