The Hampton Pirates (1-1) will travel to Kaplan Arena to challenge the William & Mary Tribe (0-1) in their home opener. Tip-off is scheduled for 7 p.m. ET on Wednesday, November 15, 2017.
Hampton Pirates at William & Mary Tribe Free Preview
The Pirates beat the Bluefield College Ramblin Rams in their last matchup, 85-68. With 11 points and 10 rebounds, Greg Heckstall played well for Hampton. Hampton dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a ridiculous free throw rate of 0.404 and an offensive rebounding percentage of 34.5. For those same stats, Bluefield College was 0.212 and 22.7, respectively.
In the Tribes last matchup, they were topped by the High Point Panthers, 100-66. Justin Pierce was William & Marys leading scorer with 18 points on 7-for-11 shooting. High Point had a much better turnover percentage (11.1 vs. 18.8). William & Mary, on the other hand, did an excellent job of getting and making free throws (21-27; 77.8 percent).
William & Mary should have the edge on the offensive side of the ball. Since last season, the Tribe rank 11th in effective field goal percentage (0.565), while Hampton ranks 146th in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.495).
The Pirates won the lone game against the Tribe last season, 79-69. The Pirates 16.2 turnover percentage was their largest advantage over the Tribe, who had a mark of 24.5.
Hampton Pirates at William & Mary Tribe Free Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Hampton, ATS Winner – Hampton, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Pirates average 37.2 rebounds per game, which ranks 88th in the NCAA. The Tribe rank 152nd in rebounds allowed per game (34.8).
- William & Mary ranks 218th in steals per game (5.3) while Hampton ranks 256th (4.8).
- William & Mary ranks 11th in assists per game (17.1) while Hampton ranks 250th (12.0).
- The Pirates rank 101st in three pointers allowed per game (20.0) while the Tribe rank 298th (24.7).
- William & Mary ranks 23rd in blocks per game (5.0) while Hampton ranks 110th in blocks allowed per game (3.2).