The Hampton Pirates (5-7) will travel to the Yanitelli Center to take on the Saint Peter’s Peacocks (2-9). The game starts at 1 p.m. ET on Saturday, December 29, 2018.
Hampton Pirates at Saint Peter’s Peacocks ATS Odds
Both teams were triumphant in their last game. The Peacocks were victorious over the Lafayette Leopards 93-86, while the Pirates dismantled the Mid-Atlantic Christian Mustangs 110-58.
Hampton played a perfect game. They had a free throw rate of 0.222 and an effective field goal percentage of 0.568. Mid-Atlantic Christian put up marks of 0.036 and 0.327, respectively, for those same stats. The Peacocks, on the other hand, had a better turnover percentage (12.0 vs. 16.8) and had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (35.7 vs. 27.5). Saint Peter’s received a boost from Davauhnte Turner, who finished with 25 points, eight assists and six rebounds. Jermaine Marrow led the way for Hampton, finishing with 22 points, six assists and five rebounds.
Marrow has been playing at a high level recently for Hampton, averaging 0 points over the last five games.
The offense of Saint Peter’s (332nd in the NCAA with an offensive efficiency of 93.6) will square off against the elite defense of Hampton (87th in the nation with a defensive efficiency of 96.3). The Pirates should have the edge on that side of the ball.
Hampton Pirates vs. Saint Peter’s Peacocks ATS Pick
Pick: SU Winner – Saint Peter’s, O/U – Over
- Hampton ranks 10th in rebounds per game (42.5) while Saint Peter’s ranks 223rd (32.9).
- The Pirates rank 110th in steals per game (6.3) while the Peacocks rank 143rd in steals allowed per game (7.6).
- Hampton averages 13.5 assists per game, which ranks 130th in the country. Saint Peter’s ranks 161st in assists allowed per game (14.4).
- The Peacocks rank 33rd in blocks per game (4.8) while the Pirates rank 141st in blocks allowed per game (4.9).
- Hampton ranks 94th in three pointers attempted per game (24.1) while Saint Peter’s ranks 171st in three pointers allowed per game (24.2).
- During their last five games, the Peacocks have scored an average of 70.8 points per game (6.2 above their season average) and allowed an average of 79.0 points per game (3.5 above their season average).
- The Pirates’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 3.0, down from 7.8 for the season.