The Hampton Pirates (8-10, 3-2 BigSou) will be at Paul Porter Arena to challenge the Gardner-Webb Runnin’ Bulldogs (6-11, 2-3 BigSou) in a BigSou matchup. Action starts at 7 p.m. ET on Monday, January 20, 2020.
Hampton Pirates at Gardner-Webb Runnin’ Bulldogs ATS Odds
Both teams were victorious in their last game. The Runnin’ Bulldogs beat the USC Upstate Spartans 83-67, while the Pirates edged the UNC Asheville Bulldogs 88-86.
The Pirates had a turnover percentage of 11.1 (better than their season average of 16.2) and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.603 (above their season average of 0.507). Gardner-Webb, meanwhile, played a nearly flawless game. They had a phenomenal free throw rate of 0.370 (above their season average of 0.238) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 26.5 (below their season average of 27.3). For those same stats, USC Upstate had marks of 0.138 and 17.1, respectively. Jose Perez was a key piece for Gardner-Webb with 19 points and six assists. Meanwhile, Hampton was led by Ben Stanley, who put up 33 points and five rebounds.
The Runnin’ Bulldogs won the sole contest between these two teams last year, 87-74. Gardner-Webb’s 0.525 effective field goal percentage was its largest advantage over Hampton, who had a mark of 0.362. This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams.
It will be a matchup of conflicting paces as the fast-paced Pirates will look to push the more grind-it-out Runnin’ Bulldogs. The Pirates currently rank 35th in possessions per game while the Runnin’ Bulldogs are 207th.
Hampton Pirates vs. Gardner-Webb Runnin’ Bulldogs Odds Pick
Basketball Tip: SU Winner – Gardner-Webb, ATS Winner – Gardner-Webb, O/U – Under
- Hampton averages 15.6 assists per game, which ranks 35th in the nation. Gardner-Webb ranks 189th in assists allowed per game (14.0).
- The Pirates are 30th in the NCAA with 2.6 blocks allowed per game while the Runnin’ Bulldogs are 51st with 2.8 blocks allowed per game.
- The Runnin’ Bulldogs rank 148th in three pointers attempted per game (22.2) while the Pirates rank 259th (18.1).
- Gardner-Webb averages 35.4 rebounds per game, which ranks 165th in the NCAA. Hampton ranks 255th in rebounds allowed per game (38.9).
- During their last five games, the Runnin’ Bulldogs have scored an average of 74.2 points per game (5.1 above their season average) and allowed an average of 73.2 points per game (1.1 above their season average).
- The Pirates’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 3.8, up from 2.3 for the season.