The Oakland Golden Grizzlies (11-17, 6-9 Hor) close out their home schedule at Athletics Center Orena against the Green Bay Phoenix (14-14, 9-6 Hor). The game gets underway at 3 p.m. ET on Sunday, February 23, 2020.
Green Bay Phoenix vs. Oakland Golden Grizzlies Betting Odds
Both teams were victorious over their last opponent. The Golden Grizzlies defeated the Milwaukee Panthers 75-68, while the Phoenix beat the Detroit Titans 84-67.
The Phoenix had a solid effective field goal percentage of 0.583 (above their season average of 0.520) and had a better turnover percentage (15.0 vs. 16.4). Meanwhile, Oakland dominated nearly every stat category in their game. They had an extraordinary free throw rate of 0.380 (above their season average of 0.256) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.560 (above their season average of 0.482). For those same stats, Milwaukee was 0.129 and 0.484, respectively. Oakland’s Xavier Hill-Mais had a good outing, contributing 23 points and 11 rebounds. Meanwhile, Green Bay was led by JayQuan McCloud, who contributed 32 points and five assists.
In their first matchup this season, Amari Davis led the Phoenix to a 73-69 win. He put up 22 points. Green Bay had a better turnover percentage (16.7 vs. 18.7). Oakland, meanwhile, had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (31.6 vs. 22.2).
The physical Oakland offense could be living from the foul line in this contest. The Golden Grizzlies currently rank 74th in the nation with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.260, while Green Bay ranks 204th in FTA rate allowed (0.230). This contest should be a battle of conflicting paces. The up-and-down Phoenix rank 10th in possessions per game, while the slower-paced Golden Grizzlies rank 296th.
Green Bay vs. Oakland ATS Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – Oakland, ATS Winner – Oakland, O/U – Over
- Green Bay ranks ninth in assists per game (16.5) while Oakland ranks 236th in assists allowed per game (15.0).
- The Phoenix average 7.0 steals per game, which ranks 86th in the country. The Golden Grizzlies rank 155th in steals allowed per game (6.8).
- Green Bay is 37th in the country with 2.6 blocks allowed per game while Oakland is 56th with 2.9 blocks allowed per game.
- The Golden Grizzlies average 35.7 rebounds per game, which ranks 138th in the NCAA. The Phoenix rank 260th in rebounds allowed per game (38.1).
- Green Bay ranks 175th in three pointers attempted per game (21.2) while Oakland ranks 286th in three pointers allowed per game (27.3).
- During their last five games, the Golden Grizzlies have scored an average of 73.4 points per game (6.7 above their season average) and allowed an average of 72.4 points per game (3.1 above their season average).
- The Phoenix’s average margin of victory in their last five games has been 3.4, up from 1.2 for the season.