The Northern Illinois Huskies and Green Bay Phoenix will clash at Convocation Center to get their seasons started. The games Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 151 points with Northern Illinois opening as a 5-point favorite. Action starts at 8 p.m. ET on Tuesday, November 14, 2017.
Green Bay Phoenix at Northern Illinois Huskies Odds Preview
Last season, Northern Illinois did not make the tournament following a 15-17 regular season. Green Bay also did not make the tournament after an 18-13 regular season campaign.
It will be a matchup of contrasting styles as the fast-paced Phoenix will look to push the more methodical Huskies. Last season, the Phoenix ranked sixth in possessions per game while the Huskies were 163rd.
The Phoenix were 18-13 straight up (SU) last season, but were just 14-16 against the spread (ATS). There did not appear to be a trend for games involving Green Bay last year in regards to the O/U total, as there has been an even split between games finishing over and under.
The Huskies, on the other hand, were 15-17 SU and 14-15 ATS last season. Converse to Green Bay, Northern Illinois games had a tendency to finish over the O/U total (55.2 percent).
Green Bay Phoenix vs. Northern Illinois Huskies Betting Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Northern Illinois, ATS Winner – Green Bay, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Phoenix average 7.8 steals per game, which ranks 29th in the nation. The Huskies rank 113th in steals allowed per game (5.9).
- Green Bay ranks 228th in three pointers attempted per game (19.1) while Northern Illinois ranks 307th (16.1).
- Northern Illinois ranks 70th in rebounds per game (37.8) while Green Bay ranks 302nd in rebounds allowed per game (39.1).
- The Phoenix rank 67th in blocks per game (4.2) while the Huskies rank 225th (2.5).
- Green Bay ranks 134th in assists per game (14.0) while Northern Illinois ranks 292nd (10.8).