The Mississippi State Bulldogs (2-0) will be at home in Humphrey Coliseum when they clash against the Green Bay Phoenix (1-1). The games Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 159.5 points with Mississippi State opening as a 19.5-point favorite. Tip-off is scheduled for 8 p.m. ET on Monday, November 20, 2017.
Green Bay Phoenix at Mississippi State Bulldogs Betting Preview
The Phoenix won big over the Lakeland Muskies in their last matchup, 98-27. With 13 points, 12 rebounds and six assists, Green Bays Khalil Small had a solid performance. Green Bay played a nearly perfect game. They had an absurd free throw rate of 0.517 and an effective field goal percentage of 0.586. For those same stats, Lakeland recorded marks of 0.049 and 0.140, respectively.
The last time the Bulldogs played, they dismantled the Florida A&M Rattlers, 79-48. Mississippi State was lifted by Nick Weatherspoon, who was the teams high scorer with 12 points on 5-for-10 shooting. The Bulldogs had a much better effective field goal percentage (0.589 vs. 0.320) and had a much better turnover percentage (20.5 vs. 25.7).
From an effective field goal percentage perspective, Mississippi State should have a significant advantage. Since the 2016-17 season, the Bulldogs defense ranks 58th in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.474), while the Green Bay offense ranks 264th in effective field goal percentage (0.488).
Since last season, the Phoenix have had records of 19-14 straight up (SU) and 14-17 against the spread (ATS). Just over half of Green Bay games have finished under the O/U total since last season.
The Bulldogs, on the other hand, are 18-16 SU and 17-12 ATS since last season. Mississippi States games have had a tendency to finish over the O/U total over that same stretch (55.2 percent).
Green Bay Phoenix at Mississippi State Bulldogs ATS Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Green Bay, ATS Winner – Green Bay, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Bulldogs rank 36th in steals allowed per game (5.1) while the Phoenix rank 173rd (6.4).
- Green Bay ranks 68th in blocks per game (4.2) while Mississippi State ranks 122nd in blocks allowed per game (3.3).
- Green Bay averages 41.9 rebounds per game, which ranks second in the nation. Mississippi State ranks 246th in rebounds allowed per game (37.3).
- The Bulldogs rank 87th in three pointers allowed per game (19.9) while the Phoenix rank 292nd (24.7).
- Mississippi State ranks 40th in assists allowed per game (11.4) while Green Bay ranks 189th (13.6).