The Green Bay Phoenix (9-11, 4-3 Hor) will be at the Wolstein Center to meet the Cleveland State Vikings (7-13, 3-4 Hor) in a Hor matchup. The game gets underway at 7 p.m. ET on Thursday, January 23, 2020.
Green Bay Phoenix at Cleveland State Vikings Betting Odds
In their last contest, the Vikings lost big to the Northern Kentucky Norse, 75-49, while the Phoenix barely escaped the Detroit Titans, 83-80.
Green Bay’s effective field goal percentage was their biggest advantage over Detroit. The Phoenix had a rate of 0.522 (below their season average of 0.524), while the Titans posted a mark of 0.461 (below the 0.540 mark opponents have averaged against Green Bay this season). Cleveland State, meanwhile, had an offensive rebounding percentage of 38.5 (above their season average of 30.8). Cleveland State received a boost from Algevon Eichelberger, who contributed 17 points and six rebounds. JayQuan McCloud played a key role for Green Bay with 10 points, 10 assists and seven rebounds.
The Phoenix dominated this series last year, taking both games. In the most recent contest, Green Bay won 82-65. Green Bay had a much better effective field goal percentage (0.575 vs. 0.392). Cleveland State, meanwhile, had a much better free throw rate (0.215 vs. 0.075). This is the first time these teams will battle this year.
Cleveland State figures to have an edge on the offensive glass in this meeting. The Vikings are among the country’s elite on the offensive glass, ranking 98th in offensive rebounding percentage at 31.2 percent. Meanwhile, Green Bay ranks 253rd in the nation at corralling defensive rebounds with a defensive rebounding percentage of 70.5 percent.
Green Bay Phoenix at Cleveland State Vikings Free Pick
Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – Green Bay, ATS Winner – Green Bay, O/U – Under
- Green Bay ranks seventh in assists per game (17.5) while Cleveland State ranks 210th (11.2).
- The Phoenix average 7.7 steals per game, which ranks 63rd in the NCAA. The Vikings rank 174th in steals allowed per game (7.5).
- Cleveland State ranks 200th in rebounds allowed per game (36.6) while Green Bay ranks 249th (38.5).
- The Phoenix rank 151st in three pointers attempted per game (22.1) while the Vikings rank 291st (12.8).
- Green Bay ranks 35th in blocks allowed per game (2.6) while Cleveland State ranks 157th (5.0).
- The Vikings’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 7.8, down from 10.2 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Phoenix have scored an average of 79.8 points per game (1.7 below their season average) and allowed an average of 80.0 points per game (0.2 below their season average).