A seven-game home winning streak is on the line for the San Diego Toreros (10-4) when they meet the Grand Canyon Antelopes (7-5) at Jenny Craig Pavilion. Action gets underway at 10 p.m. ET on Saturday, December 29, 2018.
Grand Canyon Antelopes vs. San Diego Toreros ATS Odds
In their last contest, the Toreros defeated the Weber State Wildcats, 83-66, while the Antelopes fell to the South Dakota State Jackrabbits, 79-74.
San Diego dominated every facet of the game. They had a free throw rate of 0.185 and an offensive rebounding percentage of 37.8. For those same stats, Weber State recorded marks of 0.098 and 22.2, respectively. Grand Canyon, on the other hand, had a much better turnover percentage (7.1 vs. 18.7). Isaiah Pineiro led the way for San Diego, putting up 25 points and 12 rebounds. Trey Drechsel played a pivotal role for Grand Canyon with 17 points.
The Toreros won the only game between these two teams last season, 72-62. San Diego’s effective field goal percentage was its largest advantage over Grand Canyon. The Toreros had a rate of 0.534 while the Antelopes posted a mark of 0.404. This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams.
Pineiro and Olin Carter III have been playing well over the last five games for San Diego. Pineiro has averaged 0 points, while Carter III has put up 0 points a game during that span.
San Diego could dominate on the offensive side of the ball as their upper-echelon offense faces off against one of the NCAA’s worst defenses. The Toreros currently rank 31st in effective field goal percentage (0.559), while Grand Canyon ranks 256th in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.518).
Grand Canyon at San Diego Odds Pick
Free Prediction: SU Winner – San Diego, O/U – Over
- San Diego ranks 31st in assists per game (16.7) while Grand Canyon ranks 89th (14.4).
- The Toreros rank 35th in rebounds allowed per game (31.5) while the Antelopes rank 63rd (32.9).
- San Diego is 18th in the country with 18.1 three pointers allowed per game while Grand Canyon is 36th with 19.5 three pointers allowed per game.
- During their last five games, the Antelopes have scored an average of 82.0 points per game (6.1 above their season average) and allowed an average of 67.8 points per game (3.0 below their season average).
- The Toreros’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 17.4, up from 9.9 for the season.