WAC foes will collide when the Bakersfield Roadrunners (10-15, 3-7 WAC) challenge the Grand Canyon Antelopes (17-9, 6-4 WAC) at Rabobank Arena. Tip-off is set for 10 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 17, 2018, and it can be seen on ESPN 3.
Grand Canyon Antelopes vs. Bakersfield Roadrunners Odds Preview
In the Antelopes last game, they were beaten by the New Mexico State Aggies, 74-70. With 23 points on 7-for-12 shooting, Oscar Frayer was Grand Canyon’s leading scorer. New Mexico State had an offensive rebounding percentage of 42.9 (above their season average of 35.3). Grand Canyon, meanwhile, held the Aggies to an effective field goal percentage of 0.377 (below their season average of 0.520).
The Roadrunners are hoping for a better outcome after their 68-66 loss to the Texas-Rio Grande Valley Vaqueros in their last game. Damiyne Durham was the games high scorer with 26 points on 10-for-19 shooting. Texas-Rio Grande Valley did a terrific job of making free throws (21-27; 77.8 percent). Bakersfield, on the other hand, had an offensive rebounding percentage of 50.0 (above their season average of 33.4).
Bakersfield might struggle to score as they square off against one of the NCAA’s best defenses. Grand Canyon currently ranks fourth in defensive efficiency while the Roadrunners rank 293rd in offensive efficiency.
Frayer has really been playing well over the last five games for Grand Canyon, averaging 10.2 points, 5.8 rebounds, 1.6 steals and 1.4 blocks per game.
This is the first time these teams will clash this year. Each won one of the two games played against each other last season. In the most recent contest, the Antelopes won 58-52. The Antelopes dominated every stat category in the game. They had a ridiculous free throw rate of 0.404 and a solid offensive rebounding percentage of 29.3. For those same stats, the Roadrunners put up marks of 0.304 and 23.3, respectively.
Grand Canyon Antelopes vs. Bakersfield Roadrunners Free Prediction
Pick: SU Winner – Bakersfield, ATS Winner – Bakersfield, O/U – Under
- The Antelopes are 11th in the NCAA with 2.3 blocks allowed per game while the Roadrunners are 28th with 2.6 blocks allowed per game.
- Grand Canyon ranks fifth in three pointers allowed per game (15.9) while Bakersfield ranks 199th (23.0).
- The Antelopes rank 25th in assists per game (16.8) while the Roadrunners rank 180th (13.0).
- Grand Canyon ranks 23rd in rebounds per game (39.2) while Bakersfield ranks 140th (35.7).
- The Roadrunners have outscored opponents by an average of 4.2 points in their last five games. For the season, Bakersfield has been defeated by an average of 2.6 points.
- During their last five games, the Antelopes have scored an average of 75.0 points per game (0.2 below their season average) and allowed an average of 68.4 points per game (4.3 above their season average).