The Grand Canyon Antelopes (12-14, 7-5 WAC) will be at the UCCU Events Center to challenge the Utah Valley Wolverines (10-17, 4-8 WAC) in a WAC matchup. The game is scheduled to start at 4 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 22, 2020.
Grand Canyon Antelopes vs. Utah Valley Wolverines Betting Odds
In their last matchup, the Wolverines defeated the Bakersfield Roadrunners, 72-58, while the Antelopes were beaten by the Seattle Redhawks, 95-89.
Utah Valley dominated nearly every facet of the contest. They had a phenomenal free throw rate of 0.340 (above their season average of 0.233) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.550 (above their season average of 0.494). For those same stats, Bakersfield put up marks of 0.164 and 0.393, respectively. Grand Canyon, on the other hand, had an offensive rebounding percentage of 36.1 (above their season average of 22.8). Utah Valley rallied around Isaiah White, who put up 11 points and seven rebounds. Alessandro Lever was a key piece for Grand Canyon with 22 points and nine rebounds.
In their first matchup this year, TJ Washington led the Wolverines to a 73-69 victory. He scored a game-high 24 points. Utah Valley’s 0.553 effective field goal percentage was its largest strength over Grand Canyon, who had a mark of 0.433.
This contest should be a matchup of opposite tempos. Utah Valley prefers an up-tempo style of play (82nd in possessions per game), while Grand Canyon likes to grind-it-out (243rd in possessions per game). Ball security should be an advantage for the Antelopes. They rank 48th at avoiding errors (turnover percentage of 17.0 percent). Conversely, the Wolverines force the 95th-fewest turnovers in the NCAA (opponents’ turnover percentage of 18.1 percent).
Grand Canyon Antelopes vs. Utah Valley Wolverines Betting Pick
Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – Utah Valley, ATS Winner – Utah Valley, O/U – Under
- Utah Valley ranks 13th in blocks per game (5.2) while Grand Canyon ranks 221st (1.2).
- The Wolverines rank 123rd in assists per game (13.5) while the Antelopes rank 217th in assists allowed per game (14.2).
- Utah Valley ranks 155th in steals per game (6.0) while Grand Canyon ranks 232nd (4.9).
- The Wolverines rank 25th in three pointers allowed per game (17.8) while the Antelopes rank 221st (23.9).
- Utah Valley ranks 153rd in rebounds per game (35.4) while Grand Canyon ranks 247th (33.1).
- The Antelopes have outscored opponents by an average of 1.6 points in their last five games. For the season, Grand Canyon has lost by an average of 1.6 points.
- During their last five games, the Wolverines have scored an average of 74.4 points per game (4.2 above their season average) and allowed an average of 74.8 points per game (3.8 above their season average).