The Grand Canyon Antelopes (12-13, 7-4 WAC) will be at the Redhawk Center to square off against the Seattle Redhawks (12-14, 5-6 WAC) in a WAC matchup. The game starts at 10 p.m. ET on Thursday, February 20, 2020.
Grand Canyon Antelopes at Seattle Redhawks Betting Odds
In their last contest, the Redhawks lost to the UT Rio Grande Valley Vaqueros, 79-72, while the Antelopes easily got past the Chicago State Cougars, 71-47.
Grand Canyon played a flawless game. They had a turnover percentage of 11.3 (better than their season average of 15.5) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 25.8 (above their season average of 22.7). For those same stats, Chicago State was 26.8 and 14.3, respectively. Seattle, on the other hand, held UT Rio Grande Valley to an offensive rebounding percentage of 23.5 (below their season average of 30.0). Seattle’s Morgan Means had a good game, putting up 17 points, 10 rebounds and five assists. Jovan Blacksher Jr., meanwhile played a pivotal role for Grand Canyon with 14 points, six rebounds and five assists.
In their first matchup this year, Carlos Johnson led the Antelopes to an 80-77 victory. He produced 17 points and nine rebounds. Grand Canyon won the rebounding battle. The Antelopes had 14 offensive rebounds and 47 total rebounds, while the Redhawks had nine and 31, respectively.
Seattle could put on a ball-control clinic in this matchup. Seattle ranks fifth in the country at avoiding errors (turnover percentage of 14.9 percent), while Grand Canyon forces the 52nd-fewest turnovers (17.4 percent). Additionally, the Antelopes rank 32nd in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.279), while the Redhawks rank 324th in opponents’ FTA rate (0.298).
Grand Canyon vs. Seattle ATS Pick
Free Prediction: SU Winner – Seattle, ATS Winner – Grand Canyon, O/U – Over
- Seattle ranks 109th in three pointers attempted per game (23.0) while Grand Canyon ranks 257th (18.3).
- The Antelopes rank 212th in assists per game (11.7) while the Redhawks rank 233rd (11.1).
- The Redhawks rank 130th in rebounds per game (35.9) while the Antelopes rank 245th (32.9).
- Grand Canyon ranks 29th in blocks allowed per game (2.5) while Seattle ranks 97th (3.2).
- During their last five games, the Redhawks have scored an average of 74.8 points per game (0.7 above their season average) and allowed an average of 77.4 points per game (5.1 above their season average).
- The Antelopes have outscored opponents by an average of 4.4 points in their last five games. For the season, Grand Canyon has lost by an average of 1.5 points.