The New Mexico Lobos (10-2) welcome the Grand Canyon Antelopes (4-8) to Dreamstyle Arena. The Lobos look to extend their five-game winning streak. The game begins at 9 p.m. ET on Tuesday, December 17, 2019.
Grand Canyon Antelopes vs. New Mexico Lobos ATS Odds
In their last contest, the Lobos defeated the New Mexico State Aggies, 69-62, while the Antelopes got blown out by the UNI Panthers, 82-58.
The Lobos made 23 of their 28 free throws (82.1 percent), while the Aggies had a turnover percentage of 27.0 (above their season average of 19.1). Grand Canyon, meanwhile, had a turnover percentage of 7.0 (better than their season average of 16.3). New Mexico received a boost from Carlton Bragg Jr., who contributed 17 points and 17 rebounds. Meanwhile, Jovan Blacksher Jr. had a solid performance for Grand Canyon, finishing with 12 points and seven rebounds.
The Antelopes’ Isiah Brown has been playing at a high level over his last five games, averaging 13 points,5.6 rebounds,1.2 steals per game. Meanwhile, Bragg Jr. has averaged 14 points,10.2 rebounds,1.8 blocks during that same time frame for the Lobos.
Contrasting paces will be on display in this battle. New Mexico has preferred to play fast (64th in possessions per game), while Grand Canyon has been more methodical (273rd in possessions per game).
Grand Canyon Antelopes at New Mexico Lobos Free Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – Grand Canyon, ATS Winner – Grand Canyon, O/U – Under
- New Mexico ranks 38th in assists per game (15.8) while Grand Canyon ranks 211th (11.1).
- The Antelopes rank 181st in three pointers allowed per game (23.3) while the Lobos rank 263rd (28.3).
- Grand Canyon is 44th in the country with 2.7 blocks allowed per game while New Mexico is 50th with 2.8 blocks allowed per game.
- The Lobos rank 77th in rebounds per game (37.8) while the Antelopes rank 247th (31.7).
- New Mexico ranks 49th in steals per game (8.0) while Grand Canyon ranks 177th (5.3).
- The Lobos’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 8.2, up from 7.3 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Antelopes have scored an average of 64.4 points per game (1.9 below their season average) and allowed an average of 70.6 points per game (1.2 below their season average).