The Grambling State Tigers (4-4) will travel to Albert Gersten Pavilion to take on the Loyola Marymount Lions (3-5). The game gets underway at 10 p.m. ET on Saturday, December 7, 2019.
Grambling State Tigers vs. Loyola Marymount Lions ATS Odds
In their last game, the Lions were beaten by the 20th-ranked Colorado Buffaloes, 76-64, while the Tigers defeated the Paul Quinn Tigers, 79-69.
Grambling State played a nearly flawless matchup. They had an offensive rebounding percentage of 30.0 (below their season average of 34.1) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.509 (below their season average of 0.542). Paul Quinn put up marks of 14.3 and 0.434, respectively, for those same stats. Loyola Marymount, meanwhile, had a better effective field goal percentage (0.548 vs. 0.481). Eli Scott played a key role for Loyola Marymount with 31 points and 10 rebounds. Grambling State was led by Travon Bunch, who recorded 14 points, seven rebounds and five blocks.
The aggressive Loyola Marymount offense might be living from the foul line in this contest. The Lions rank 93rd in the nation with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.251, while Grambling State ranks 322nd in FTA rate allowed (0.278) since the 2018-19 season. It will also be a tale of two tempos as the up-tempo Tigers rank 57th in possessions per game, while the more methodical Lions rank 341st.
Grambling State Tigers at Loyola Marymount Lions Odds Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – Grambling State, ATS Winner – Grambling State, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2018-Present):
- Grambling State ranks 59th in rebounds per game (38.1) while Loyola Marymount ranks 302nd (31.6).
- The Tigers average 13.1 assists per game, which ranks 164th in the country. The Lions rank 197th in assists allowed per game (13.4).
- Neither of these teams shoot many long balls. Grambling State is 309th in the nation with 16.4 three pointers per game while Loyola Marymount is 314th with 15.2 threes per game.
- The Tigers rank 43rd in blocks per game (4.4) while the Lions rank 186th in blocks allowed per game (3.6).
- Loyola Marymount averages 7.1 steals per game, which ranks 89th in the nation. Grambling State ranks 219th in steals allowed per game (7.1).