The Grambling State Tigers (13-12, 7-5 SWAC) will be at the Health & PE Center to go head-to-head with the Texas Southern Tigers (11-13, 8-3 SWAC) in a SWAC matchup. The game starts at 8:30 p.m. ET on Monday, February 17, 2020.
Grambling State Tigers at Texas Southern Tigers Betting Odds
In their last matchup, Texas Southern edged the Jackson State Tigers, 77-74, while Grambling State was beaten by the Prairie View A&M Panthers, 75-69.
Texas Southern played a nearly perfect game. They had an extraordinary offensive rebounding percentage of 52.4 (above their season average of 30.5) and a free throw rate of 0.318 (above their season average of 0.265). Jackson State recorded marks of 15.6 and 0.182, respectively, for those same stats. Grambling State, meanwhile, did a great job of getting and making free throws (21-29; 72.4 percent). Texas Southern was lifted by Yahuza Rasas, who put up 20 points and 16 rebounds. Ivy Smith Jr. had a good game for Grambling State, putting up 17 points and 11 assists.
In their first matchup this year, Tyrik Armstrong led Texas Southern to a 68-61 victory. He was the game’s top overall scorer with 17 points. Texas Southern’s 0.396 free throw rate was their largest strength over Grambling State, who had a mark of 0.177.
Grambling State Tigers vs. Texas Southern Tigers Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – Texas Southern, ATS Winner – Grambling State, O/U – Under
- Grambling State ranks 73rd in rebounds allowed per game (33.1) while Texas Southern ranks 252nd (37.9).
- Grambling State ranks 60th in blocks per game (3.9) while Texas Southern ranks 155th in blocks allowed per game (4.0).
- Texas Southern ranks 266th in three pointers attempted per game (17.8) while Grambling State ranks 289th (16.1).
- Grambling State averages 7.2 steals per game, which ranks 75th in the country. Texas Southern ranks 198th in steals allowed per game (7.5).
- Grambling State ranks 130th in assists per game (13.3) while Texas Southern ranks 227th (11.4).
- During their last five games, Grambling State has scored an average of 70.8 points per game (1.5 below their season average) and allowed an average of 64.0 points per game (5.4 below their season average).
- Texas Southern’s average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 2.2, down from 5.2 for the season.