A six-game home winning streak is on the line for the Prairie View A&M Panthers (12-11, 8-2 SWAC) when they welcome the Grambling State Tigers (13-11, 7-4 SWAC) to William Nicks Center. The game begins at 6:30 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 15, 2020.
Grambling State Tigers vs. Prairie View A&M Panthers Betting Odds
Both teams defeated their last opponent. The Panthers defeated the Texas Southern Tigers 69-59, while the Tigers beat the Alcorn State Braves 80-71.
Grambling State played a flawless game. They had a phenomenal free throw rate of 0.328 (above their season average of 0.233) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 42.4 (above their season average of 30.7). For those same stats, Alcorn State put up marks of 0.188 and 26.3, respectively. The Panthers, meanwhile, had a phenomenal offensive rebounding percentage of 33.3 (above their season average of 28.3) and had a free throw rate of 0.417 (above their season average of 0.271). Prairie View A&M’s Devonte Patterson had a solid performance, putting up 27 points, 14 rebounds and seven steals. Grambling State, meanwhile, rallied around Cameron Christon, who finished with 20 points and nine rebounds.
In their first matchup this year, Gerard Andrus led the Panthers to a 64-57 victory. He recorded a double-double with 20 points and 10 rebounds. Prairie View A&M’s 0.263 free throw rate was their largest strength over Grambling State, who had a rate of 0.167.
The aggressive Prairie View A&M offense looks poised to dominate from the foul line. The Panthers rank 39th in the NCAA with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.276, while Grambling State ranks 268th in FTA rate allowed (0.254).
Grambling State at Prairie View A&M Odds Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – Prairie View A&m, ATS Winner – Grambling State, O/U – Over
- Grambling State ranks 88th in rebounds per game (37.1) while Prairie View A&M ranks 260th (32.3).
- The Tigers rank 62nd in blocks per game (3.9) while the Panthers rank 112th in blocks allowed per game (3.4).
- Grambling State ranks 284th in three pointers attempted per game (16.0) while Prairie View A&M ranks 295th (14.3).
- The Panthers average 9.0 steals per game, which ranks 14th in the nation. The Tigers rank 125th in steals allowed per game (6.5).
- Prairie View A&M ranks 130th in assists per game (13.3) while Grambling State ranks 186th in assists allowed per game (13.8).
- The Tigers’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 4.4, up from 3.3 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Panthers have scored an average of 71.2 points per game (0.4 above their season average) and allowed an average of 60.4 points per game (8.2 below their season average).