The Grambling State Tigers (9-10, 3-3 SWAC) will be at the Williams Center to square off against the Jackson State Tigers (5-14, 2-4 SWAC) in a SWAC matchup. The game begins at 6:30 p.m. ET on Saturday, January 25, 2020.
Grambling State Tigers vs. Jackson State Tigers Betting Odds
Both teams fell in their last outing. Jackson State fell to the Prairie View A&M Panthers, 74-60, while Grambling State was defeated by the Texas Southern Tigers, 68-61.
Grambling State had an offensive rebounding percentage of 37.8 (above their season average of 31.3) while Jackson State had an offensive rebounding percentage of 36.7 (above their season average of 26.3). Jackson State’s Roland Griffin had a good game, finishing with 19 points and seven rebounds. Ivy Smith Jr. fueled Grambling State with 14 points.
Jackson State dominated this series last year, taking both games. In the most recent game, Jackson State won 71-60. Jackson State’s 0.589 effective field goal percentage was its largest advantage over Grambling State, who had a mark of 0.458. This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams.
Grambling State vs. Jackson State Pick
College Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Jackson State, ATS Winner – Jackson State, O/U – Over
- Grambling State ranks 78th in rebounds per game (38.1) while Jackson State ranks 277th (31.0).
- Grambling State averages 13.6 assists per game, which ranks 108th in the country. Jackson State ranks 164th in assists allowed per game (13.3).
- Grambling State ranks 43rd in blocks allowed per game (2.7) while Jackson State ranks 86th (3.3).
- Jackson State ranks 21st in three pointers allowed per game (17.8) while Grambling State ranks 172nd (22.5).
- Jackson State ranks 25th in steals per game (8.7) while Grambling State ranks 133rd in steals allowed per game (6.7).
- During their last five games, Grambling State has scored an average of 63.2 points per game (10.5 below their season average) and allowed an average of 67.6 points per game (3.2 below their season average).
- Jackson State’s average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 5.8, down from 7.7 for the season.