The Iowa Hawkeyes (2-0) will be at home in Carver-Hawkeye Arena when they go head-to-head against the Grambling State Tigers (0-1). Action gets underway at 8 p.m. ET on Thursday, November 16, 2017, and it can be seen on BTN2Go.
Grambling State Tigers at Iowa Hawkeyes Betting Preview
In the Tigers last matchup, they lost big to the VCU Rams, 94-65. Diontae Jones had a good game for Grambling State, leading both teams in scoring with 16 points on 6-for-10 shooting. VCU had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (36.4 vs. 17.5). Grambling State, on the other hand, had a much better free throw rate (0.328 vs. 0.147).
The Hawkeyes come in on a high note after blowing out the Alabama State Hornets in their last matchup, 92-58. Iowas Luka Garza had a good game, putting up 11 points and 13 rebounds. Iowa dominated every stat category in the game. They had a free throw rate of 0.250 and a turnover percentage of 9.8. For those same stats, Alabama State was 0.094 and 19.8, respectively.
Iowa appears to have the edge on the offensive side of the ball. Since the 2016-17 season, the Hawkeyes rank 71st in offensive efficiency, while the Tigers rank 224th in defensive efficiency.
Grambling State Tigers vs. Iowa Hawkeyes Free Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Grambling State, ATS Winner – Grambling State, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Hawkeyes rank 75th in three pointers attempted per game (23.4) while the Tigers rank 293rd (17.5).
- Iowa ranks 80th in blocks per game (4.0) while Grambling State ranks 244th (2.3).
- Iowa ranks fourth in assists per game (18.1) while Grambling State ranks 298th (11.0).
- The Tigers average 8.7 steals per game, which ranks 10th in the nation. The Hawkeyes rank 268th in steals allowed per game (7.8).
- Iowa ranks 36th in rebounds per game (38.8) while Grambling State ranks 263rd (33.6).