The Grambling State Tigers (0-3) are off to a slow start and will try to pick up their first victory when they go head-to-head with the Bethune-Cookman Wildcats (1-3) at Moore Gym. Tip-off is scheduled for 7 p.m. ET on Tuesday, November 21, 2017.
Grambling State Tigers at Bethune-Cookman Wildcats Odds Preview
In the Tigers last outing, they got blown out by the South Dakota Coyotes, 84-55. Grambling States Shirmane Thomas put together a solid performance, recording six points and five rebounds. South Dakota did a fantastic job of converting from the free throw line (24-27; 88.9 percent). Grambling State, meanwhile, had a better offensive rebounding percentage (30.0 vs. 28.0).
The Wildcats are hoping for a better outcome after their 65-62 loss to the Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets in their last contest. Brandon Tabb was the games high scorer with 24 points on 8-for-18 shooting. Georgia Tech did an excellent job of getting to and converting from the free throw line (24-31; 77.4 percent). Bethune-Cookman, meanwhile, forced the Yellow Jackets into a turnover percentage of 22.7 (above their season average of 14.1).
It could be a sloppy game for the Bethune-Cookman offense. Dating back to last season, Bethune-Cookman ranks 152nd in the NCAA in ball protection (turnover percentage of 18.5 percent), while the ball-hawking defense of Grambling State has forced the fifth-most turnovers in the NCAA (24.5 percent).
Grambling State Tigers vs. Bethune-Cookman Wildcats ATS Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Grambling State, ATS Winner – Grambling State, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Wildcats rank 153rd in rebounds per game (36.0) while the Tigers rank 259th (33.3).
- Bethune-Cookman ranks 148th in blocks per game (3.3) while Grambling State ranks 244th (2.4).
- Bethune-Cookman ranks 109th in three pointers attempted per game (22.4) while Grambling State ranks 293rd (17.5).
- The Wildcats rank 144th in assists per game (13.8) while the Tigers rank 288th (11.2).
- Bethune-Cookman averages 7.5 steals per game, which ranks 32nd in the nation. Grambling State ranks 146th in steals allowed per game (6.2).