The fourth-ranked Gonzaga Bulldogs (18-2, 5-0 WCC) and the Santa Clara Broncos (11-9, 3-3 WCC) go head-to-head at Leavey Center. The Bulldogs will try to continue their nine-game winning streak. Action gets underway at 11 p.m. ET on Thursday, January 24, 2019.
Gonzaga Bulldogs at Santa Clara Broncos ATS Odds
Both teams were victorious in their last game. The Broncos were victorious over the Pacific Tigers 69-57, while the Bulldogs won big over the Portland Pilots 89-66.
Gonzaga dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a phenomenal offensive rebounding percentage of 42.9 (above their season average of 31.5) and a turnover percentage of 9.9 (better than their season average of 13.5). For those same stats, Portland put up marks of 7.1 and 17.7, respectively. Santa Clara, meanwhile, played a nearly flawless game. They had a phenomenal effective field goal percentage of 0.620 (above their season average of 0.527) and a turnover percentage of 10.1 (better than their season average of 18.9). For those same stats, Pacific recorded marks of 0.455 and 12.1, respectively. Josip Vrankic played a pivotal role for Santa Clara with 14 points and 10 rebounds. Rui Hachimura, meanwhile had a good outing for Gonzaga, recording 17 points and nine rebounds.
In their first matchup this season, Hachimura led the Bulldogs to a 91-48 victory. He was the game’s leading scorer with 25 points. The Bulldogs’ 9.6 turnover percentage was their biggest strength over the Broncos, who had a rate of 27.5.
The offense of Santa Clara (226th in the country with an offensive efficiency of 103.2) will square off against the elite defense of Gonzaga (21st in the NCAA with a defensive efficiency of 92.9). The Bulldogs should have the advantage on that side of the ball. Moreover, the Bulldogs rank 12th in turnover percentage (15.2 percent), while the Broncos rank 327th in opponents’ turnover percentage (16.1 percent).
Gonzaga Bulldogs at Santa Clara Broncos Free Pick
College Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Gonzaga, ATS Winner – Gonzaga, O/U – Under
- Gonzaga ranks 29th in rebounds per game (39.8) while Santa Clara ranks 197th (34.3).
- The Bulldogs rank 15th in steals allowed per game (4.8) while the Broncos rank 115th (6.5).
- Gonzaga ranks ninth in blocks per game (5.7) while Santa Clara ranks 81st (3.7).
- The Bulldogs rank eighth in assists per game (18.7) while the Broncos rank 141st in assists allowed per game (13.3).
- Santa Clara ranks 24th in three pointers allowed per game (18.6) while Gonzaga ranks 141st (22.5).
- The Broncos have been outscored by an average of 10.8 points in their last five games. For the season, Santa Clara has defeated opponents by an average of 0.4 points.
- During their last five games, the Bulldogs have scored an average of 83.2 points per game (7.9 below their season average) and allowed an average of 57.6 points per game (10.1 below their season average).