It will be a meeting between two sensational offenses when the Pepperdine Waves (14-12, 7-5 WCC) meet the second-ranked Gonzaga Bulldogs (25-1, 11-0 WCC) at Firestone Fieldhouse. The game can be seen on ESPN at 10 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 15, 2020.
Gonzaga Bulldogs vs. Pepperdine Waves Betting Odds
Both teams were triumphant in their last game. The Waves won a close one over the San Diego Toreros 72-69, while the Bulldogs easily got past the Saint Mary’s Gaels 90-60.
Gonzaga dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a free throw rate of 0.189 (below their season average of 0.270) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.755 (above their season average of 0.575). Saint Mary’s was 0.103 and 0.466, respectively, for those same stats. Meanwhile, Pepperdine played a perfect game. They had a free throw rate of 0.172 (below their season average of 0.279) and a turnover percentage of 20.0 (worse than their season average of 15.3). For those same stats, San Diego had marks of 0.155 and 21.9, respectively. Pepperdine was lifted by Colbey Ross, who put up 21 points and eight assists. Drew Timme, meanwhile played a key role for Gonzaga with 20 points and 10 rebounds.
In their first matchup this year, Petrusev led the Bulldogs to a 75-70 victory. He notched a double-double with 16 points and 10 rebounds. Gonzaga’s free throw rate was their largest advantage over Pepperdine. The Bulldogs had a rate of 0.246, while the Waves posted a mark of 0.109.
Pepperdine does a great job at getting to the charity stripe. They rank 41st in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.275), but Gonzaga is among the best in the country at keeping opponents off the line (ranking fifth by allowing a FTA rate of 0.147). Also, the top-ranked offense of the Bulldogs (offensive efficiency of 121.8) will square off against the 323rd-ranked defense of the Waves (defensive efficiency of 107.4).
Gonzaga Bulldogs at Pepperdine Waves ATS Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – Gonzaga, ATS Winner – Gonzaga, O/U – Under
- Gonzaga averages 17.2 assists per game, which ranks seventh in the country. Pepperdine ranks 249th in assists allowed per game (16.1).
- The Bulldogs rank 13th in rebounds per game (40.3) while the Waves rank 221st (33.4).
- Gonzaga ranks 39th in steals per game (8.0) while Pepperdine ranks 123rd (6.3).
- The Bulldogs’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 20.0, down from 21.7 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Waves have scored an average of 77.8 points per game (0.6 above their season average) and allowed an average of 79.8 points per game (2.4 above their season average).