The Golden State Warriors (44-13), the leagues top scoring team, will square off against the Portland Trail Blazers (31-26) at Moda Center at the Rose Quarter. The Over/Under (O/U) for the game opened at 226 points with Golden State set as a 6-point favorite. Tip-off is set for 10:30 p.m. ET on Wednesday, February 14, 2018, and it can be seen on ESPN.
Golden State Warriors vs. Portland Trail Blazers Free Preview
The Warriors had no trouble getting past the Phoenix Suns in their last game, 129-83. Stephen Curry was Golden State’s high scorer with 22 points on 8-for-17 shooting. Golden State played a nearly flawless game. They had an extraordinary effective field goal percentage of 0.646 (above their season average of 0.578) and a turnover percentage of 10.1 (better than their season average of 14.1). Phoenix was 0.363 and 12.5, respectively, for those same stats.
The last time the Trail Blazers played, they were blown out by the Utah Jazz, 115-96. Damian Lillard was the games leading scorer with 39 points on 12-for-25 shooting. Utah had an offensive rebounding percentage of 34.0 (above their season average of 20.2). Portland, meanwhile, did a terrific job of getting and making free throws (21-25; 84.0 percent).
The offense of Portland will battle against the stingy defense of Golden State. The Trail Blazers currently rank 15th in offensive efficiency, while the Warriors are fifth in defensive efficiency. The Warriors figure to have the edge on that side of the ball.
Of Golden State’s 57 games, 30 have finished over the projected point total, while 32 of Portland’s 57 games have finished under the projected point total. The Warriors have the significant advantage straight up (SU) (44-13 vs. 31-26), but the Trail Blazers have been better against the spread (ATS) (27-24-6 vs. 25-30-2).
These teams have already met once this season. In that game, the two teams combined for 215 points, just under the projected point total of 217.5. The Warriors won 111-104, but were unable to cover as 8-point favorites. Golden State’s effective field goal percentage was its largest advantage over Portland. The Warriors had a rate of 0.613 while the Trail Blazers posted a mark of 0.460. In the loss, Lillard led all scorers with 39 points.
Golden State Warriors at Portland Trail Blazers Odds Prediction
Prediction: SU Winner – Warriors, ATS Winner – Warriors, O/U – Under
- The Warriors rank first in blocks per game (7.9) while the Trail Blazers rank 19th in blocks allowed per game (5.0).
- Portland ranks 13th in second chance points allowed per game (12.3) while Golden State ranks 28th (13.8).
- Golden State ranks eighth in points off turnovers per game (17.0) while Portland ranks 26th (14.3).
- Golden State is 13-15 ATS on the road with 15 overs and 13 unders.
- At home, Portland is 11-13-3 ATS with 15 unders and 12 overs.
- In games where they allow less than 100 points, Portland is 17-5 and Golden State is 12-2.
- When reaching 100 points, the Warriors are 41-9 and the Trail Blazers are 26-13.
- The Trail Blazers rank 12th in steals allowed per game (7.5) while the Warriors rank 29th (9.0).
- Golden State ranks first in fast break points per game (20.9) while Portland ranks last (6.9).
- The Warriors rank first in assists per game (30.6) while the Trail Blazers rank 29th (19.1).
- The Warriors rank ninth in rebounds per game (44.4) while the Trail Blazers rank 15th in rebounds allowed per game (42.9).
- Portland ranks fourth in points allowed in the paint per game (41.7) while Golden State ranks 26th (47.6).
- Portland is 2-2-1 ATS with 3 overs and 2 unders in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Golden State is 3-2 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs.
- The Trail Blazers have been outscored by an average of 3.2 points in their last five games. For the season, Portland has defeated opponents by an average of 1.0 point.
- During their last five games, the Warriors have scored an average of 117.0 points per game (1.2 above their season average) and allowed an average of 106.2 points per game (1.3 below their season average).