The Philadelphia 76ers (8-6) will try to slow down the leagues top scoring team when they take on the Golden State Warriors (11-4) at Wells Fargo Center. Golden State is an 8.5-point favorite on the opening line, while the Over/Under (O/U) for the game opened at 232 points. Tip-off is set for 7:30 p.m. ET on Saturday, November 18, 2017, and it can be seen on NBC Sports – Bay Area.
Golden State Warriors vs. Philadelphia 76ers ATS Preview
The last time the Warriors played, they lost to the Boston Celtics, 92-88. With 24 points on 9-for-18 shooting, Kevin Durant was the game’s high scorer. Boston did an excellent job of converting from the charity stripe (33-38; 86.8 percent). Golden State, meanwhile, held the Celtics to an effective field goal percentage of 0.373 (below their season average of 0.496).
The 76ers hope to maintain momentum after topping the Los Angeles Lakers in their last outing, 115-109. With 46 points on 14-for-20 shooting, Joel Embiid was the games high scorer. The 76ers knocked down 24 of their 30 free throws (80.0 percent) and held the Lakers to an effective field goal percentage of 0.399 (below their season average of 0.496).
There should be plenty of transition offense in this matchup that showcases a pair of the leagues more up-and-down teams. Philadelphia ranks fourth in possessions per game (104.5) and Golden State is fifth (102.3).
Of Golden States 15 games, eight have finished over the O/U total, while 9 of Philadelphia’s 14 games have finished over the O/U total. The Warriors hold the clear advantage straight up (SU) (11-4 vs. 8-6), but the 76ers have been superior against the spread (ATS) (10-4 vs. 7-8).
Robert Covington has been solid over the last five games for Philadelphia, averaging 20.4 points, 7.0 rebounds and 1.4 steals per game.
These teams have already met once this season. In that game, the two teams combined to put up 249 points, well over the projected point total of 232. The Warriors won 135-114, covering as 13-point underdogs. Golden State did a terrific job of getting and making free throws (25-26; 96.2 percent). Philadelphia, meanwhile, had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (27.1 vs. 13.8). Despite the loss, Redick had a standout performance in the game, putting up 17 points and six assists.
Golden State Warriors at Philadelphia 76ers Free Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Warriors, ATS Winner – Warriors, O/U – Under
- The 76ers average 26.4 assists per game, which ranks second in the NBA. The Warriors rank 20th in assists allowed per game (23.6).
- Golden State ranks sixth in points off turnovers per game (19.5) while Philadelphia ranks 20th in points off turnovers allowed per game (18.6).
- Philadelphia averages 8.4 steals per game, which ranks 11th in the league. Golden State ranks 28th in steals allowed per game (9.4).
- Philadelphia ranks first in rebounds per game (48.1) while Golden State ranks ninth (45.1).
- Golden State is 4-3 ATS on the road, while Philadelphia is 3-1 ATS at home.
- The Warriors have 4 overs and 3 unders in 7 road games.
- In 4 home games, the 76ers have 2 overs and 2 unders.
- In games where they allow below 100 points, Philadelphia is 2-0 and Golden State is 2-1.
- The Warriors are 10-3 when they score above 100 points, while the 76ers are 7-4.
- The 76ers rank ninth in second chance points per game (13.4) while the Warriors rank 26th (8.7).
- Golden State ranks first in blocks per game (8.8) while Philadelphia ranks 25th in blocks allowed per game (6.2).
- The Warriors average 32.4 three pointers per game, which ranks fourth in the league. The 76ers rank 25th in three pointers allowed per game (32.4).
- The 76ers average 45.0 points in the paint per game, which ranks 13th in the league. The Warriors rank 22nd in points allowed in the paint per game (45.3).
- Golden State ranks first in fast break points per game (26.3) while Philadelphia ranks 19th (8.8).
- Philadelphia is 3-2 ATS with 3 overs and 2 unders in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Golden State is 3-2 ATS with 4 unders and 1 over.
- The 76ers’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 1.0, up from 0.9 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Warriors have scored an average of 111.0 points per game (6.5 below their season average) and allowed an average of 97.4 points per game (9.3 below their season average).