The Los Angeles Clippers (7-5) will try to slow down the Golden State Warriors (11-2) at Staples Center. The game can be seen on NBATV at 10:30 p.m. ET on Monday, November 12, 2018.
Golden State Warriors at Los Angeles Clippers ATS Odds
Both teams covered in their last contest. The Clippers (4-point underdogs) defeated the Milwaukee Bucks 128-126, while the Warriors (8-point favorite) beat the Brooklyn Nets 116-100. The Los Angeles game finished 20.5 points over the projected point total of 233.5, while the Golden State game finished 7.5 points under the projected point total of 223.5.
The Warriors had 9 steals and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.596 (above their season average of 0.590). Los Angeles, meanwhile, made good use of their 27 trips to the charity stripe, converting on 22 of them (81.5 percent). Milwaukee was just 16-23 (69.6 percent). Tobias Harris played a pivotal role for Los Angeles with 20 points and 11 rebounds. Meanwhile, Golden State received a boost from Kevin Durant, who recorded 28 points, 11 assists and five rebounds.
The Warriors edged out the Clippers in this series last year, winning three out of four games. In the last contest, Golden State won 134-127. Golden State was lights out from beyond the arc (14-25; 56.0 percent). Los Angeles, meanwhile, had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (21.6 vs. 9.7). This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams.
Warriors games have a slight tendency to finish over the total (53.8 percent). Golden State heads into the game with records of 11-2 straight up (SU) and 8-5 against the spread (ATS).
It’s tough to find a trend for Clippers games in regards to the total, as there has been an even split between games finishing over and under. Further, Los Angeles owns records of 7-5 SU and 7-5 ATS.
The Warriors’ Klay Thompson has been playing at a high level over his last five games, averaging 28.6 points per game. Meanwhile, Lou Williams has averaged 22.2 points and 4.2 assists during that same time frame for the Clippers.
The productive offense of Los Angeles (sixth in the league with an offensive efficiency of 110.6) will clash against the mid-tier defense of Golden State (16th in the NBA with a defensive efficiency of 106.6). The Clippers should have the edge on that end of the court.
Warriors at Clippers Odds Pick
Pick: SU Winner – Clippers, ATS Winner – Clippers, O/U – Over
- The Warriors rank 18th in points off turnovers per game (16.5) while the Clippers rank 29th (14.2).
- Los Angeles ranks third in three pointers allowed per game (28.2) while Golden State ranks 28th (36.4).
- The Clippers rank seventh in points in the paint per game (52.8) while the Warriors rank 25th (43.7).
- Golden State ranks 13th in steals per game (7.7) while Los Angeles ranks 28th (5.3).
- Golden State ranks first in rebounds allowed per game (40.6) while Los Angeles ranks 14th (45.4).
- The Warriors rank second in blocks allowed per game (3.5) while the Clippers rank 22nd (6.5).
- The Warriors rank third in fast break points per game (19.8) while the Clippers rank 17th in fast break points allowed per game (15.3).
- Golden State ranks 19th in second chance points per game (12.7) while Los Angeles ranks 21st in second chance points allowed per game (15.9).
- Golden State ranks first in assists per game (30.3) while Los Angeles ranks 21st (22.3).
- Golden State is 1-0 when they allow under 100 points, while Los Angeles is 2-0.
- The Clippers are 7-4 when they reach 100 points, while the Warriors are 11-1.
- Golden State is 2-3 ATS on the road, while Los Angeles is 5-1 ATS at home.
- The total has gone over in 4 of the Warriors’ 5 road games, while 3 of the Clippers’ 6 home games have gone over.
- In their last five games, Golden State and Los Angeles have both had 3 unders and 2 overs.
- The Warriors are 4-1 ATS over their last five games, while the Clippers are 3-2.
- During their last five games, the Warriors have scored an average of 118.2 points per game (3.7 below their season average) and allowed an average of 111.0 points per game (0.2 above their season average).
- The Clippers’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 3.6, down from 4.6 for the season.