The Minnesota Timberwolves (38-29) will try to slow down the leagues top scoring team when they meet the Golden State Warriors (51-15) at Target Center. The Over/Under (O/U) for the game has been set at 225 points with Golden State opening as a 5-point favorite. Tip-off is set for 3:30 p.m. ET on Sunday, March 11, 2018, and it can be seen on ABC.
Golden State Warriors at Minnesota Timberwolves Odds Preview
In the Warriors last game, they lost to the Portland Trail Blazers, 125-108. Kevin Durant had a solid performance for Golden State, leading both teams in scoring with 40 points on 12-for-21 shooting. Portland had an offensive rebounding percentage of 34.1 (above their season average of 22.8). Golden State, on the other hand, did an excellent job of converting from the free throw line (20-24; 83.3 percent).
The Timberwolves are trying to rebound after their 117-109 loss to the Boston Celtics in their last matchup. Nemanja Bjelica was the games high scorer with 30 points on 11-for-16 shooting. Boston did an excellent job of converting from the charity stripe (20-27; 74.1 percent). Minnesota, on the other hand, had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (26.0 vs. 20.9).
It might turn into a shootout as two of the leagues top offenses clash. Minnesota currently ranks third with 112.0 points per 100 possessions and Golden State is first (114.4). It will also be a tale of two styles as the up-and-down Warriors rank fifth in possessions per game, while the slower-paced Timberwolves rank 23rd.
Of Golden State’s 66 games, 34 have finished over the O/U total, while 37 of Minnesota’s 67 games have finished over the projected point total. The Warriors have the better straight up (SU) record (51-15 vs. 38-29), but the Timberwolves have been better against the spread (ATS) (30-34-3 vs. 27-36-3).
Jeff Teague has been exceptional over the last five games for Minnesota, averaging 20.2 points, 5.0 assists and 2.2 steals per game.
These two teams have met twice already this season, with the Warriors winning both. In the most recent contest, Durant notched a triple-double. He had 28 points, 11 assists and 10 rebounds and the Warriors defeated the Timberwolves 126-113, resulting in a push. The two teams combined to put up 239 points, which was 9.5 points above the projected point total of 229.5 points. Golden State was lights out from beyond the arc (21-37; 56.8 percent). Minnesota, on the other hand, had a much better turnover percentage (8.4 vs. 13.6).
Golden State Warriors vs. Minnesota Timberwolves ATS Prediction
Prediction: SU Winner – Warriors, ATS Winner – Timberwolves, O/U – Over
- The Timberwolves average 18.0 points off turnovers per game, which ranks fifth in the NBA. The Warriors rank 28th in points off turnovers allowed per game (18.7).
- Golden State ranks first in assists per game (30.3) while Minnesota ranks 20th in assists allowed per game (23.8).
- Golden State ranks first in blocks per game (7.8) while Minnesota ranks 23rd (4.3).
- Minnesota ranks fourth in rebounds allowed per game (41.6) while Golden State ranks seventh (42.0).
- Golden State is 14-18-1 ATS on the road with 18 overs and 15 unders.
- Minnesota is 16-16-1 ATS at home with 19 overs, 13 unders and 1 push.
- Minnesota is 16-4 when they hold opponents below 100 points, while Golden State is 13-2.
- The Warriors are 48-11 when they reach the century mark, while the Timberwolves are 36-19.
- The Timberwolves rank fifth in points in the paint per game (48.5) while the Warriors rank 24th in points allowed in the paint per game (47.0).
- Minnesota ranks first in steals allowed per game (6.3) while Golden State ranks 29th (8.8).
- The Timberwolves rank third in second chance points per game (13.9) while the Warriors rank last in second chance points allowed per game (13.9).
- The Warriors rank 12th in three pointers attempted per game (29.7) while the Timberwolves rank 29th (22.4).
- Golden State ranks first in fast break points per game (20.5) while Minnesota ranks 26th (9.6).
- Minnesota is 2-3 ATS with 4 overs and 1 under in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Golden State is 0-4-1 ATS with 4 unders and 1 over.
- The Timberwolves average margin of victory in their last five games has been 2.2, down from 2.6 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Warriors have scored an average of 111.0 points per game (4.8 below their season average) and allowed an average of 108.6 points per game (0.9 above their season average).